Android paid Prime app refuses to install
11-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Android paid Prime app refuses to install
Hello,
I've searched the forum, but came up blank..

I have a Cat s60 with Android 6 installed.

I have the Prime free app installed and it functions as expected.
However, I purchased the Pro version and it downloaded as expected but came up with "installation failed" - Twice. I then asked for refund within the 15-min rule and received that, so no money lost :-)

Anyway; anyone else having trouble installing the Pro version?
My phone seems not to like the Pro, though it happily runs the free version.

Esben
28s, 35s, 49G+, 50G, Prime G2 HW D, SwissMicros DM42, DM32, WP43 Pilot
Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2017, 11:16 PM
RE: Android paid Prime app refuses to install
I had same problem. Email support. Support said, for Android app you need to uninstall Free one. Then install paid, Pro, one. Worked for me.

I also have windows 10 app. Here I could keep both Free and Pro.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Just uninstall the free and then everything is good. Using c++ code in android can be rather tricky when you have multiple "flavors" in the same project as they call them. The native code library in both of them gets treated by the system as the same one, and thus it conflicts when you go to install the second as the system thinks it is already installed.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-20-2017, 02:19 PM
Thank you for your answers.
That worked :-)

Esben
28s, 35s, 49G+, 50G, Prime G2 HW D, SwissMicros DM42, DM32, WP43 Pilot
Elektronika MK-52 & MK-61
11-21-2017, 01:00 PM
(11-20-2017 01:16 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Just uninstall the free and then everything is good. Using c++ code in android can be rather tricky when you have multiple "flavors" in the same project as they call them. The native code library in both of them gets treated by the system as the same one, and thus it conflicts when you go to install the second as the system thinks it is already installed.

Will this be true for the android beta Pro. Do I need to uninstall the regular Pro before the beta Pro.

I have emailed calcbeta@hp.com to add me to android beta but have not received notice that I am on the list and my android apps and games does not show beta category. Resent request to calcbeta@hp.com to be added to android list today.

Larry
11-22-2017, 03:49 AM
Same here I had to uninstall the free version.
11-22-2017, 03:52 AM
Some of the new features they put into Android Studio 3.0 are specifically to address these types of issues. Maybe I will take a look at it and see if I can get it working properly...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
11-22-2017, 04:32 PM
(11-22-2017 03:52 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Some of the new features they put into Android Studio 3.0 are specifically to address these types of issues. Maybe I will take a look at it and see if I can get it working properly...
Can you also look at making the enter key from an android bluetooth keyboard command line entry execute the command instead of pulling up the application calculator, edit, language, help panel.

For example, typing from the keyboard 5+6 Enter should give the answer 11 rather than display the application panel.
02-28-2018, 02:25 AM
(11-22-2017 04:32 PM)lschroeder1947 Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 03:52 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Some of the new features they put into Android Studio 3.0 are specifically to address these types of issues. Maybe I will take a look at it and see if I can get it working properly...
Can you also look at making the enter key from an android bluetooth keyboard command line entry execute the command instead of pulling up the application calculator, edit, language, help panel.

For example, typing from the keyboard 5+6 Enter should give the answer 11 rather than display the application panel.
Hello Brother, did u fix it??, im assuming that you are using an android cellphone/ tablet and a bluetooth keyboard???

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)