HP-41CX - Time Module?
04-03-2014, 07:21 AM
HP-41CX - Time Module?
Hi there,

So I bought a HP-41CX (Srl 2514S40570) with two broken posts.

I had the vague notion, I would find a time module somewhere in the machine. Possibly, because a hack from the eighties still lurked in some dusty attic of my skull:

Installing modules inside HP-41

When I opened it I found out that clearly the Time Module is integrated into the logic board. There's a quartz crystal soldered directly to the main logic board. Diego, on his Clonix page, refers to the motherboard which I found:

[Image: image011.jpg]

I was not sure what to expect when I bought the CX, but I have seen at least one reference to a separate timer board in another thread here:

[HP-41CL] Time Module Implant

Should I be able to salvage another CX, is there any way to know beforehand, whether I'll find a separate timer board or is it necessary to open the calculator?

Thanks,

a.n..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2014, 08:33 AM
RE: HP-41CX - Time Module?
(04-03-2014 07:21 AM)anetzer Wrote:  Should I be able to salvage another CX, is there any way to know beforehand, whether I'll find a separate timer board or is it necessary to open the calculator?
Only halfnut CX units have a separate timer board (brigde board). A halfnut is indicated by rounded display corners.

-- Ray
04-03-2014, 10:13 AM
RE: HP-41CX - Time Module?
(04-03-2014 08:33 AM)Raymond Del Tondo Wrote:  Only halfnut CX units have a separate timer board (brigde board).

Thanks a lot!

a.n.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)