Entering CAS expression into Parametric App - X1(T)
04-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Entering CAS expression into Parametric App - X1(T)
Hello,

Id like to know if there are way(s) to enter or store an expression into the Parametric App that uses either CAS or User created variables? The UG shows Home/Real variables only.

For example, say I have the following CAS equation (eq1) saved

eq1:=xt = v0*cos(θm)*t

and I want to get the expression v0*cos(θm)*t saved/entered into X1(T) of the App. Also, Id like to substitute T for t.

I cant seem to do this by: entering directly into X1(T), copy/pasting or using Parametric.X1:=v0*cos(θm)*t. This last option does load the expression, but when I try to change t to T I get an error.

I was hoping to be able to do this as sometimes Id like to be able to use numerical results from other Apps or CAS in this Parametric App.

Best,
Carl
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: Entering CAS expression into Parametric App - X1(T)
Have you tried something like X1 := t -> v0*cos(θm)*t? After the assignment, the system will automatically replace the bound variable t with T (in the definition of X1).
04-02-2014, 02:06 PM
RE: Entering CAS expression into Parametric App - X1(T)
(04-01-2014 11:04 PM)jte Wrote:  Have you tried something like X1 := t -> v0*cos(θm)*t? After the assignment, the system will automatically replace the bound variable t with T (in the definition of X1).

Thanks - that seemed to do the trick! Specifically. in CAS:

g(t):=v0*cos(θm)*t // creates a CAS var/prog. g(t)
Parametric.X1:=g // loads g(T) into X1

I've used the above to get say f(x) into Function.F1 (X) before.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)