HP Prime Splash Screen
03-24-2014, 12:13 AM
HP Prime Splash Screen
Hello,
I wonder if there is a way to eliminate (or reduce display time of) the splash screen of the HP Prime.

What about replacing it with other images?

Thank you

-a
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-24-2014, 06:33 AM
RE: HP Prime Splash Screen
Hello,

Nope, sorry.
The splash screen is hardcodded in the OS and is there during the time used by the system to load the application from Flash to RAM (around 6s)...

Cyrille
03-28-2014, 10:30 AM
(03-24-2014 12:13 AM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hello,
I wonder if there is a way to eliminate (or reduce display time of) the splash screen of the HP Prime.

What about replacing it with other images?

Thank you

-a

Are you talking of the splash screen you get after a reboot, or the shorter one you get every time you turn on the calculator?
About the latter, I have noticed that you can start typing numbers "blind" while the splash screen is displayed, and the numbers are correctly entered in the command line.
03-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I was talking about the HP splash when turning it on. It feels it takes forever!
03-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Yup, it isn't just decoration. The whole OS is being loaded into RAM. Unfortunately...

If you think that is bad, you should turn on an Nspire. Jump to 4:35 or so to see it boot.

Compared to that, Prime is a speed demon! :-)

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-28-2014, 03:52 PM
(03-28-2014 03:41 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,
I was talking about the HP splash when turning it on. It feels it takes forever!

Hm... On my Prime, it lasts noticeably less than a second, hardly forever. Is it just a matter of personal "sensitivity" or are we seeing different things?
03-28-2014, 04:08 PM
(03-28-2014 03:41 PM)Alberto Candel Wrote:  Hi,

Maybe you are talking about the first start up after it crashes? I think that one do something different (the animation with the circle eq); or at least I hope does something rather than being a longer delay.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)