New Menu in [Sort] App
04-03-2017, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 01:22 PM by compsystems.)
New Menu in [Sort] App
Hello, to better organize the application view, I want to see a new option. Organize by applications system and user applications
[SORT] 1:Chronologically 2: Alphabetically 3: Fixed 4: System firts 5: User Firts. or with a new menu, [●user] only shows the user applications.

In addition Underline the letter to better identify the alphabetic shortcut. Some of the following shortcuts work in the current firmware, Others do not operate because they have the same start character.

I propose

Advanced Graphing -> [alpha+A]
Data Streamer -> [alpha+D]
Finance-> [alpha+C]
Function -> [alpha+F] F1(X)
Geometry -> [alpha+G]
Inference -> [alpha+I]
Linear Explorer -> [alpha+L]
Linear Solver -> [alpha+S]
Parametric-> [alpha+P]
Polar -> [alpha+O] (θ)
Quadratic Explorer -> [alpha+Q]
Sequence -> [alpha+U]
Solve -> [alpha+E] E1(x)
Spreadsheet -> [alpha+H]
Statistics 1Var -> [alpha+V]
Triangle Solver -> [alpha+T]
Trigonometric Explorer -> [alpha+X]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2017, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 02:07 PM by Han.)
RE: New Menu in [Sort] App
(04-03-2017 12:14 PM)compsystems Wrote:  Hello, to better organize the application view, I want to see a new option. Organize by applications system and user applications
[SORT] 1:Chronologically 2: Alphabetically 3: Fixed 4: System firts 5: User Firts. or with a new menu, [●user] only shows the user applications.

In addition Underline the letter to better identify the alphabetic shortcut. Some of the following shortcuts work in the current firmware, Others do not operate because they have the same start character.

I propose

Advanced Graphing -> [alpha+A]
Data Streamer -> [alpha+D]
Finance-> [alpha+C]
Function -> [alpha+F] F1(X)
Geometry -> [alpha+G]
Inference -> [alpha+I]
Linear Explorer -> [alpha+L]
Linear Solver -> [alpha+S]
Parametric-> [alpha+P]
Polar -> [alpha+O] (θ)
Quadratic Explorer -> [alpha+Q]
Sequence -> [alpha+U]
Solve -> [alpha+E] E1(x)
Spreadsheet -> [alpha+H]
Statistics 1Var -> [alpha+V]
Triangle Solver -> [alpha+T]
Trigonometric Explorer -> [alpha+X]

This would work for the English language; do the same letters still work for other languages? I imagine that for the Chinese language, the letters would not make much sense.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-03-2017, 02:21 PM
A solution can be: for languages of Latin/Lazio origin characters ENGLISH, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE, FRENCH and similar with alphabetical letters, for other languages with numbers.

Advanced Graphing -> [1]
Data Streamer -> [2]
Finance-> [3]
Function -> [4]
04-03-2017, 02:27 PM
(04-03-2017 02:21 PM)compsystems Wrote:  A solution can be: for languages of Latin/Lazio origin characters ENGLISH, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE, FRENCH and similar with alphabetical letters, for other languages with numbers.

Advanced Graphing -> [1]
Data Streamer -> [2]
Finance-> [3]
Function -> [4]

If a numbering system can be made to work, perhaps it may be more uniform to have all languages rely on a numbering system. That said, apps may be re-arranged manually, so that the numbering may not have much meaning and then the shortcuts become rather arbitrary.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-03-2017, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 02:35 PM by Carlos295pz.)
Regarding this problem, I had thought of the proposal to separate the System Apps in a separate view. To switch to the other view, press "Apps" again.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4639]

The last view of Apps visited is saved, and there would be no other way to enter it than by keyboard, there is no space on the screen with the current scheme to add a touch action.
What do you think of this proposal?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-03-2017, 03:51 PM
There are many apps I rarely use, so for me a selection of "favourites" to fit on one page would also be useful - and separating user apps from system apps.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
04-03-2017, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 04:23 PM by Carlos295pz.)
(04-03-2017 03:51 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  There are many apps I rarely use, so for me a selection of "favourites" to fit on one page would also be useful - and separating user apps from system apps.

The "Start" button could be removed to mark an App as a favorite (☆/★), it's a good idea
The favorites could be displayed at the beginning of the own Apps view, the idea seems very good.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4640]

Save, delente and reset podrían agruparse como "sort".

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Viga C | TD | FB
04-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Bonjour

Sur d'anciennes machines de poche (Psion ) il était possible de désactiver/réactiver
les applications.
On pouvait également faire un groupe de plusieurs applications.
C'était plutôt bien pensé.

Hello

On old pocket machines (Psion) it was possible to deactivate / reactivate
applications.
One could also make a group of several applications.
It was pretty well thought out.

Sorry for my english
04-04-2017, 02:08 PM
Using the Sort/Chronologically o at the end is the best current alternative to this.

Viga C | TD | FB
04-04-2017, 10:53 PM
(04-04-2017 02:08 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  Using the Sort/Chronologically o at the end is the best current alternative to this.

Isn't Sort/Fixed, with the icons arranged wherever the user wants them to be, even better? For those who weren't aware that you can rearrange the "Fixed" icon positions, all you have to do is press and hold an icon for one second (then arrows appear in its corners), then drag it to somewhere else and drop it. It'll stay "Fixed" in that position until the next icon rearrangement.

OH NO, I just noticed that some recent firmware versions don't allow the icons to be rearranged in Sort/Fixed mode. Is that intentional or a bug? I hope it's a bug, because it's a great feature!

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
04-04-2017, 11:26 PM
(04-04-2017 10:53 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  Isn't Sort/Fixed, with the icons arranged wherever the user wants them to be, even better? For those who weren't aware that you can rearrange the "Fixed" icon positions, all you have to do is press and hold an icon for one second (then arrows appear in its corners), then drag it to somewhere else and drop it. It'll stay "Fixed" in that position until the next icon rearrangement.

OH NO, I just noticed that some recent firmware versions don't allow the icons to be rearranged in Sort/Fixed mode. Is that intentional or a bug? I hope it's a bug, because it's a great feature!

It has also happened to me that when ordering in a fixed way, the positions are not saved when re-entering the library.
But chronological seems very good since it positions what you use most, I think now I will only use that mode.

Viga C | TD | FB
04-05-2017, 07:32 AM
(04-03-2017 04:07 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 03:51 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  There are many apps I rarely use, so for me a selection of "favourites" to fit on one page would also be useful - and separating user apps from system apps.

The "Start" button could be removed to mark an App as a favorite (☆/★), it's a good idea
The favorites could be displayed at the beginning of the own Apps view, the idea seems very good.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4640]

Save, delente and reset podrían agruparse como "sort".

I think this behavior can be confusing for some users. They are going to press apps by mistake and lose their apps (sounds stupid but I can imagine lots of calls to support because this).

As Tyann said, I also vote for disabling some icons and creating groups rather than hacking the current view for having multiple virtual desktops.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
04-05-2017, 01:22 PM
+1 Organize the apps by categories like in the ti68k cals.

[Image: Voyage200.jpg]
04-06-2017, 12:46 AM
I think it can be done just like in cell phones, at least in the version of android 6.0 0 7.0 you can group several applications by moving one icon over the other and form an application folder, just like in the Prime, move one Application on another and create a folder on the screen that contains the applications inside it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)