free android app resets
03-22-2017, 04:59 PM
free android app resets
I just downloaded the free prime app for android. Whenever I exit out of the app with the back key, the next time I start the app it resets; clearing all memory, variables, and setting. This doesn’t happen when I exit by first taping shift off, then tap the back key.

Has anyone else observed this this behavior, and will it stop if I buy the pro version?

android version: 4.4.2

-road
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2017, 06:48 PM
RE: free android app resets
What device are you using? It could have something to do with that.

I noticed it today with the pro version that I paid for. I quickly put together an app based on 1Var statistics that I wanted to use while on the move. I came back later, saw that settings had been reset and the app had disappeared. This is on a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge running Android 7.0.
03-23-2017, 07:23 PM
(03-22-2017 06:48 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  What device are you using?

Motorola Droid razr m

(03-22-2017 06:48 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  It could have something to do with that.

You're probably right.

-road
03-23-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2017 07:54 PM by Tim Wessman.)
If you have that problem with the free, it will happen on the "pro". (they are all the same codebase, just a different "flavor" as google likes to call it)

I've a fix in place for this specific issue, but we haven't been able to test and validate for a release of it yet.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
03-23-2017, 09:30 PM
(03-23-2017 07:53 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  I've a fix in place for this specific issue, but we haven't been able to test and validate for a release of it yet.

Good to know that there's a fix in the pipeline Smile
03-24-2017, 10:25 AM
So what's the difference between the "free" and the "pro" app?
03-24-2017, 10:54 AM
(03-24-2017 10:25 AM)retoa Wrote:  So what's the difference between the "free" and the "pro" app?

Probably a couple of bytes inside the calculator image inside the apk file that disallow the use of the program editor and other features in the free version.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-24-2017, 10:57 AM
(03-24-2017 10:54 AM)eried Wrote:  Probably a couple of bytes inside the calculator image inside the apk file that disallow the use of the program editor and other features in the free version.

There's no network connectivity either so you can't transfer data in and out of the "free" version of the emulator with the Connection Kit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)