HP50g Mohr's circle program
11-01-2016, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2016 02:19 PM by dalupus.)
HP50g Mohr's circle program
In the HP50g user manual there is an example of a Mohr's circle program, but it seems to just give you a description of what you might want to do.

The source of the program does not seem to be in the manual.

Is the source for these programs located somewhere?

http://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/398813...l?page=751
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2016, 03:30 PM
RE: HP50g Mohr's circle program
It does say at one point further up "In this section we use the commands described above to produce graphics with programs. Program listing are provided in the attached diskette or CD ROM."

I am looking at the cdrom and I only find some stuff in the "Advanced Users Reference" directory but it is not any of these listings.

Am I completely missing something here or did they forget to include it with the 50g cdrom
11-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Maybe they were included with the HP48 or HP49 if someone else could check those disks or whatever, or point me to where they are located online.
11-02-2016, 11:38 PM
(11-02-2016 03:41 PM)dalupus Wrote:  Maybe they were included with the HP48 or HP49 if someone else could check those disks or whatever, or point me to where they are located online.

Nothing on the HP-49G+ CD, don't have a HP-49 CD (if there was one?) and the 48 came out well before CDs were widely used, but in any case did not include any media.

Have you searched though the MoHPC archives? Google works better than the Forum search function.

On Google, do something like "Mohr's circle site:hpmuseum.org".

If you do find it, plz post the source here, so the next guy looking can find it too.

As a comment, I don't recall ever seeing any notes in the manuals saying "the code is on the included CD" before (except the stuff from Ch-1 and Ch-2) so this was interesting to find.

--Bob Prosperi
11-03-2016, 12:34 PM
(11-02-2016 11:38 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(11-02-2016 03:41 PM)dalupus Wrote:  Maybe they were included with the HP48 or HP49 if someone else could check those disks or whatever, or point me to where they are located online.

Nothing on the HP-49G+ CD, don't have a HP-49 CD (if there was one?) and the 48 came out well before CDs were widely used, but in any case did not include any media.

Have you searched though the MoHPC archives? Google works better than the Forum search function.

On Google, do something like "Mohr's circle site:hpmuseum.org".

If you do find it, plz post the source here, so the next guy looking can find it too.

As a comment, I don't recall ever seeing any notes in the manuals saying "the code is on the included CD" before (except the stuff from Ch-1 and Ch-2) so this was interesting to find.

I am only able to find third party programs for Mohr's circle. Not the example ones from hp. I called HP and they had no idea what I was talking about. These programs obviously did exist at some point (atleast inside HP) since they very explicitly document how to use them and the different key presses you have to use to get in and out of the graph and trace it and stuff. It is curious that they apparently pulled it from the distribution.
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
What about the Equation Library?

APP
 12. Equation Library
  EQLIB
   EQNLI
    Stress Analysis
     Mohr's Circle
11-04-2016, 12:49 AM
(11-03-2016 02:35 PM)Gerson W. Barbosa Wrote:  What about the Equation Library?

APP
 12. Equation Library
  EQLIB
   EQNLI
    Stress Analysis
     Mohr's Circle

Yes they have those equations there, but I was more wondering about the programs (Mohr's Circle and others) that the manual had insinuated were distributed with the calculator. Which apparently they never where. I figure if they had been they would be out there floating around on the web somewhere.
11-05-2016, 01:01 AM
(11-01-2016 02:07 PM)dalupus Wrote:  In the HP50g user manual there is an example of a Mohr's circle program, but it seems to just give you a description of what you might want to do.

The program can be found here:
http://www.hpcalc.org/details/5932
It is provided as a directory in the C22 file.
11-05-2016, 12:38 PM
(11-05-2016 01:01 AM)Nate Wrote:  
(11-01-2016 02:07 PM)dalupus Wrote:  In the HP50g user manual there is an example of a Mohr's circle program, but it seems to just give you a description of what you might want to do.

The program can be found here:
http://www.hpcalc.org/details/5932
It is provided as a directory in the C22 file.

Thanks a ton.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)