[Solved] How I can make bold formatted string?
08-29-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2016 08:29 PM by Vtile.)
[Solved] How I can make bold formatted string?
Hello, I found today while reverse-engineering some simple userRPL programs found on HPcalc.org that it is possible to make a BOLD text in atleast HP50g. It only works while inside a string object (between "" marks), and it is somesort of set (two separate characters each side of bold text, I assume somesort of start/end glyps) of special characters, but I can not found any reference to it other that this one LM317T program where it is used in two places.

What are those magical characters and how I can get access to them, in HPUserEdit 5 they are drawn as double exclamination marks.

Here is a snippet of it.
Code:
"       BravoRPL ! ! " 1 DISP

I did found the right search words..
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...JvETxjppjE

Where all this information have found, while HP documentation seems to be *censorship* on these. .. OK wait a bit, it there is something on HP50G User's Guide near page 870 or so, I'm sure that is on the CD that came with the calc... while I don't have had DVD-drive for many years. *fail*
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2016, 10:49 PM
RE: [Solved] How I can make bold formatted string?
(08-29-2016 08:00 PM)Vtile Wrote:  Where all this information have found, while HP documentation seems to be *censorship* on these. .. OK wait a bit, it there is something on HP50G User's Guide near page 870 or so, I'm sure that is on the CD that came with the calc... while I don't have had DVD-drive for many years. *fail*

You can (at least in the US) download the 50g User Guide and Owners Manual in PDF format (no DVD drive needed!) from links on this page.

--Bob Prosperi
08-30-2016, 07:56 AM
RE: [Solved] How I can make bold formatted string?
Thx for that link. I don't know why I haven't never found it myself.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)