Question about newRPL
04-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Question about newRPL
Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, I am new to this forum.

I am interested in downloading and using the latest version of newRPL. Currently the ROM/firmware on my HP 50g is the custom ROM for HPGCC3.

I am wondering if I should get a another separate 50g with which to experiment with newRPL or whether newRPL can be installed on my current 50g and run alongside traditional (non-newRPL) userRPL and HPGCC3 without disrupting them.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2016, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-22-2016 05:50 PM by Claudio L..)
RE: Question about newRPL
(04-22-2016 02:01 PM)multilingualtricker Wrote:  Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before, I am new to this forum.

I am interested in downloading and using the latest version of newRPL. Currently the ROM/firmware on my HP 50g is the custom ROM for HPGCC3.

I am wondering if I should get a another separate 50g with which to experiment with newRPL or whether newRPL can be installed on my current 50g and run alongside traditional (non-newRPL) userRPL and HPGCC3 without disrupting them.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Mark

They can't run alongside.
If you have 2 SD cards, I guess you could flash the stock ROM for work, then swap SD cards and flash newRPL on the weekends, it only takes a couple of minutes to flash.
I personally carry my two 50g's to the office every day. I use newRPL about 70% of the time for quick number crunching, only pulling the other one for things that need my old trustworthy design programs. As soon as I include SD card save/restore as a feature of newRPL, I'll port my programs to it, for now it doesn't make sense as I wipe the memory quite often during development.
And the usual disclaimer:
Always keep in mind that newRPL is in alpha, and while it's very stable and its results are more accurate than the 50g, you shouldn't trust it for anything serious (or use it at your own risk, which is what I do every single day).

EDIT: Minor detail, but flashing newRPL will erase your Port2 libraries, so you need to back up Port 2.
04-24-2016, 01:50 AM
Thanks Claudio!

Will think about getting a second one!
04-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Where does one find the flashable image for newRPL? It doesn't seem to be on the website itself or the sourceforge link provided therein.
04-25-2016, 09:46 AM
(04-25-2016 07:37 AM)rncgray Wrote:  Where does one find the flashable image for newRPL? It doesn't seem to be on the website itself or the sourceforge link provided therein.

Try the link in the first post in this thread.

Nigel (UK)
04-25-2016, 03:06 PM
(04-25-2016 09:46 AM)Nigel (UK) Wrote:  
(04-25-2016 07:37 AM)rncgray Wrote:  Where does one find the flashable image for newRPL? It doesn't seem to be on the website itself or the sourceforge link provided therein.

Try the link in the first post in this thread.

Nigel (UK)

Yes, that's the correct location. The reason why it's not on the website or on sourceforge is because it's very early in the life of the project, and many things are yet to be implemented, so it's only published in a thread of this forum for the early adopter/hard-core fans.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)