Free HP 12C parts - for the cost of shipping
04-04-2016, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2016 01:14 PM by damaltor.)
Free HP 12C parts - for the cost of shipping
Hi everybody,

Paul Berger sent me an old, broken HP 12C. I took out the 1LF5 CPU and revived an 11C with it, and Paul himself had taken out the LCD unit beforehand to repair a 16C for Robert Prosperi.

It is one of the early machines with the black foil wrap inside, SerNo 2224A02691.

As part of our common hobby is to save as many calculators as possible from being scrapped, I want to bring the rest of the parts to anyone who needs them. All parts are free, as long as you pay for shipping from Germany to oyur place which will cost between 4 and 8 Euro depending on the country and on the size of the package.

To clarify: I do not want to send the whole broken thing to anyone, because then I could hide the remains in my own drawer. But I will happily take out the parts needed by whoever wants to fix an HP-1xC and needs something from it.

We have following parts:
- Back housing (good condition, clear battery flaps are somewhat worn)
- Plastic frame holding the small PCB and display assembly and the RC circuit
- Long and short spring to connect back housing to front housing
- Small plastic part holding the zebra strip between the Keybpard and the CPU PCB
- Two zebra strips from Display
- Two clear pastic insulation strips (dont know why there were two inside)
- one zebra strip between both PCBs
- four original screws
- 1LE2 RAM/ROM for HP-12C
- four original rubber feet (worn, but should do the job)
- Battery springs
- Battery door (currently lost, I am unsure if I ever had it, will update when found)

Following parts are already gone:
- Top Housing with keypad, PCB and black foil wrap (Looks good, no big defects, gold bezel, all keys should work but are untested. Key markings might be a bit yellow-ish. All heat stakes seem intact.) (saved Haralds 12C)
- Gold HP-12C Logo (Still in top housing, could be detached if needed) (saved Haralds 12C)
- Display glass with gold frame (Still in top housing, could be detached if needed) (saved Haralds 12C)
- 1LF5 CPU (saved my HP-11C)
- Flex PCB holding both ICs (Damaged beyond repair)
- LC Display (Original unit saved Roberts 16C, the unit I still have has big black blobs on LCD, frame might still be useful if someone needs it)

Please tell me what you need, and I will tell you the shipping cost.

Also, if I forgot something, feel free to ask.

I can add photos of parts as needed.

Malte
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2016, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2016 04:48 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: HP 12C parts - for the cost of shipping
(04-04-2016 12:48 PM)damaltor Wrote:  As part of our common hobby is to save as many calculators as possible from being scrapped, I want to bring the rest of the parts to anyone who needs them. All parts are free, as long as you pay for shipping from Germany to oyur place which will cost between 4 and 8 Euro depending on the country and on the size of the package.

Thanks for doing this. I love the idea that one machine can help to repair/restore 3 or more other machines. Now that's a valuable HP-12C! Thanks to both you and Paul for sharing these parts.

--Bob Prosperi
04-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Here are some images.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-13-2016, 01:13 PM
(updated first post)
05-25-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Free HP 12C parts - for the cost of shipping
Is the gold bit around the LCD still available? Not sure from your comment. I have an 11C and mine has been pulled off and dented. Cheers Paul
05-26-2016, 09:11 AM
(05-25-2016 11:46 AM)paulkingnz Wrote:  Is the gold bit around the LCD still available? Not sure from your comment. I have an 11C and mine has been pulled off and dented. Cheers Paul

I can answer that question:
No, it is not. I have already repaired one of my calculators with it Smile
05-26-2016, 09:15 AM
That's OK after reading your message I went online and found a broken calculator that I can take the part off that I need. Maybe if there are bits left I can put them on here too and help someone else. Smile
05-26-2016, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2016 11:48 AM by damaltor.)
Sorry for the late reply - Harald already said that the part is gone. Anything else you can use?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)