HP-15C: A new world record?
03-29-2016, 03:33 PM
HP-15C: A new world record?
... for a start bidding asking price?

Really? Only 2500 Pounds? And still Zero bids so far? Why would that be?

This makes this HP-15C LE 500 Pounds asking price a real bargain!

I think I have to suspend this collectors hobby of mine for a few years until I can finish paying my house's bank mortgage.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: HP-15C: A new world record?
I like this part of the description:
"This calculator will be delivered inside a Bank, where the Buyer can carefully and gently examine the calculator as long as they want (externally only, wearing provided gloves), after payment cleared into Seller's account."
03-29-2016, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 04:44 PM by Hans Brueggemann.)
(03-29-2016 04:27 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I like this part of the description:
"This calculator will be delivered inside a Bank, where the Buyer can carefully and gently examine the calculator as long as they want (externally only, wearing provided gloves), after payment cleared into Seller's account."

in the auction pictures, the precious item is respectlessly handled _without_ gloves.
so, no. i'm out.
03-29-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2016 05:11 PM by wojtek.)
(03-29-2016 03:33 PM)jebem Wrote:  ... for a start bidding asking price?

Really? Only 2500 Pounds? .....................
(03-29-2016 04:27 PM)Dave Frederickson Wrote:  I like this part of the description:
"This calculator will be delivered inside a Bank, where the Buyer can carefully and gently examine the calculator as long as they want (externally only, wearing provided gloves), after payment cleared into Seller's account."

Conclusion: The seller is a bank president, do not expect him to know real value of goods :-)
03-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Well, at least I have to agree with the seller that it's a jewell...but not that only specimen, but all HP-15C.
03-29-2016, 08:05 PM
Amazingly arrogant seller; I agree, he works in a bank. The unit is not even mint, the manual has been handled a lot and shows wear and is VG at best, no close-up photos of the case, and there is no box. Sure, it's nice, and we all know that pricing a nice item high sometimes fools less knowledgeable customers into buying. But at about 20 times the true value, it seems unlikely.

Oh wait, the batteries are from Switzerland. That must be it....

The good news is the listing fees are pretty heavy for an item like this. So after a few cycles, the price will no doubt come down precipitously.

Thanks Jose, I needed a laugh...

--Bob Prosperi
03-29-2016, 10:14 PM
Thank you all for your feedback.
I thought I was out of my mind, after all this red wine drinking during my time off (holidays) the previous week.
Believe me, in my own town a man has to drink, even if it can kill you. This is a matter of honor between men over there.

Concerning the TAS fees, I was checking it as I do not sell since at least two years ago, and apparently now TAS gives 20 listings for free per month, but it will charge 10% of the transaction including s&h.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

03-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Typo?
03-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I get nervous when they are a private listing, what do they have to hide ?
I am also 'out'
Ray
03-30-2016, 11:14 AM
Still no bid. My faith in human kind is restored, step by step.
03-30-2016, 12:14 PM
(03-30-2016 11:14 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  Still no bid. My faith in human kind is restored, step by step.

Tss, tss … people have missed the key selling point: “3 brand new Made in Switzerland batteries”. This makes all the difference and it's mandatory if you're selling your calculator inside a Bank.
03-30-2016, 12:53 PM
(03-30-2016 11:14 AM)Tugdual Wrote:  Still no bid. My faith in human kind is restored, step by step.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I am now feeling myself a little better after the past week drinking craziness, and now I can see more clearly how ridiculous some adverts can be.

Still, I remember a ex-coworker that told me that she could not sell her HP PDA (don´t recall the model) for 50 Euros in our local OLX.PT internet flea-market after posting the advert for a couple of months (and refreshing it to be on top of the listings).
Then she was advised by her husband (a marketing expert guy) to sell it at 150 Euros: Bingo! One week later it was sold for that value.
Go figure...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

03-30-2016, 01:30 PM
(03-30-2016 12:53 PM)jebem Wrote:  Still, I remember a ex-coworker that told me that she could not sell her HP PDA (don´t recall the model) for 50 Euros in our local OLX.PT internet flea-market after posting the advert for a couple of months (and refreshing it to be on top of the listings).
Then she was advised by her husband (a marketing expert guy) to sell it at 150 Euros: Bingo! One week later it was sold for that value.
Go figure...

This is classic salesmanship. If you can't sell something, raise the price.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
03-30-2016, 04:58 PM
(03-30-2016 12:53 PM)jebem Wrote:  

Thanks for pointing this out.

I am now feeling myself a little better after the past week drinking craziness, and now I can see more clearly how ridiculous some adverts can be.

Still, I remember a ex-coworker that told me that she could not sell her HP PDA (don´t recall the model) for 50 Euros in our local OLX.PT internet flea-market after posting the advert for a couple of months (and refreshing it to be on top of the listings).
Go figure...
Damned. I rushed into my pile of mess but unfortunately I did trash my old Jornada Sad
Bye bye 150€
03-30-2016, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 05:46 PM by BobVA.)
Reminds me of the old joke about a guy on the street selling apples for ten thousand dollars each. Challenged about his price, he replied: "Yeah, but I only have to sell *one*"
03-31-2016, 09:51 AM
(03-29-2016 10:30 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  Typo?

Nope, he started it a few weeks ago at £5000.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Update: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Error? LOL....

--Bob Prosperi
03-31-2016, 02:51 PM
(03-31-2016 02:41 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Update: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Error? LOL....

Relisted at £5000: here

03-31-2016, 03:22 PM
Maybe like the guy was trying to figure the price on the 15C he's selling but doesn't know how to use RPN

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
03-31-2016, 04:06 PM
(03-31-2016 02:51 PM)BartDB Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 02:41 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Update: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Error? LOL....

Relisted at £5000: here

Of course: it was too good to be true!

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)