CMT-200
12-12-2015, 06:42 PM
CMT-200
In a fit of temporary (I hope) insanity I ended up the winning bid on a CMT-200. It is a data acquisition and control system that mates with an HP-41 via module port. It was made by Corvallis Microtechnology in the '80s.

I have a project that I've been working on that measures mV output of 5 oxygen sensors at various pressures. I'm hoping that I can use the CMT-200 to program automatic sampling of the 5 cells.

It was not advertised in the auction as having a manual, so I assume that it will not come with one. So far, the only documentation I have managed to locate is a pdf of a sales brochure that describes a little about what it can do.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find a manual for it? If you have a manual, what is the bribe necessary to obtain a copy?

Steve
In order of appearance: HP 41CV, CMT-MCGPS, HP 41CX, DM 41, DM 42
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2015, 08:43 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015 08:25 PM by Marcus von Cube.)
RE: CMT-200
I found a manual of the CMT-300 on my disk. I hope this helps at least a little.

Edit: Link removed. I found the manual on TOS and I assume that my copy is from there. A Web search will easily find it.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
12-12-2015, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 12-13-2015 09:01 PM by rprosperi.)
(12-12-2015 08:43 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  I found a manual of the CMT-300 on my disk. I hope this helps at least a little.

[snip]

I so want to look at that disk... seems to be full of jewels....

--Bob Prosperi
12-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Markus,

Thanks for the link. It may help a little.

The 200 is a different animal from the 300. I *think* it is more like the HP 82166A except that it plugs directly into a module port instead of using HP-IL.

We'll see.

Steve
12-13-2015, 07:53 PM
I've seen a picture of the CMT-200 on hp-collection. YOu can ask him if he has more info about the device.

From the label on the CMT-200 it looks like offering an 8bit parallel digital I/O interface.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
01-01-2016, 01:39 AM
Good Evening Everyone and Happy New Year...

I purchased a CMT-200 roughly 30 years ago, and I have the manual.
At the time of purchase - I had planned on doing more with it then I actually did. Since those "days of old" I hadn't looked at the unit for some time, and I would like to compare it with the IL2000 Interface Project.

I am a new member of this site, and I am not sure how to get it over to you through proper means...
01-01-2016, 04:14 AM
(01-01-2016 01:39 AM)Old Aeronaut Wrote:  Good Evening Everyone and Happy New Year...

At the time of purchase - I had planned on doing more with it then I actually did. Since those "days of old" I hadn't looked at the unit for some time, and I would like to compare it with the IL2000 Interface Project.

I am a new member of this site, and I am not sure how to get it over to you through proper means...

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for offering to share.

The most frequent method would be to scan the docs to PDF, upload that file to OneDrive, GoogleDrive, DropBox, etc. share the file, then post a link here in the Forum.

If you need help doing that, just ask; I and others here can help.

Also, it would be nice to send a copy to Dave Hicks, our host and curator, to include in the next version of the MoHPC USB Drive, which if you are not familiar with, you will probably want to get. Details are here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/cd/cddesc.htm

--Bob Prosperi
01-01-2016, 04:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 05:03 AM by 4ster.)
I emailed CMT asking if they had an archived manual, their fairly prompt reply:
"It's amazing that you are still working with the HP-41 calculator.We no longer have the document files for the CMT-200 manual, and there is not any printed manual lying around. In case one turns up, we will let you know."

Old Aeronaut, if there is anything I can do to help make a copy of the manual available here, please let me know.

Steve
01-01-2016, 06:41 AM
(01-01-2016 04:52 AM)4ster Wrote:  I emailed CMT asking if they had an archived manual, their fairly prompt reply:
Quote:It's amazing that you are still working with the HP-41 calculator. [...]

Why should that be amazing? Many of us use it every day, for functional reasons, not nostalgic, historical, or anything else.

http://WilsonMinesCo.com (Lots of HP-41 links at the bottom of the links page, http://wilsonminesco.com/links.html )
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
(01-01-2016 06:41 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 04:52 AM)4ster Wrote:  I emailed CMT asking if they had an archived manual, their fairly prompt reply:

Why should that be amazing? Many of us use it every day, for functional reasons, not nostalgic, historical, or anything else.

on a business-driven world our choice makes little sense; which in my mind is yet another reason for making it in the first place!
01-01-2016, 02:34 PM
(01-01-2016 10:16 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 06:41 AM)Garth Wilson Wrote:  Why should that be amazing? Many of us use it every day, for functional reasons, not nostalgic, historical, or anything else.

on a business-driven world our choice makes little sense; which in my mind is yet another reason for making it in the first place!

I absolutely agree. My wife on the other hand...

I don't know who replied to my email. Sometimes employees don't know corporate history, or care. As I understand it, CMT was born making devices to enhance HP calculators, particularly the 41. They adapted as that market disappeared and HP moved out of Corvallis.

Steve
01-01-2016, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 05:05 PM by Allen.)
(01-01-2016 04:14 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  I am a new member of this site, and I am not sure how to get it over to you through proper means...

Also, it would be nice to send a copy to Dave Hicks, our host and curator, to include in the next version of the MoHPC USB Drive, which if you are not familiar with, you will probably want to get. Details are here: http://www.hpmuseum.org/cd/cddesc.htm

Sorry for the low scan quality.. I have this brochure from some years ago.. perhaps I still have the original somewhere??

CMT_200.JPG

Attached File(s)
.pdf  CMT200_Brochure.pdf (Size: 345.79 KB / Downloads: 60)

17bii | 32s | 32sii | 41c | 41cv | 41cx | 42s | 48g | 48g+ | 48gx | 50g | 30b

01-06-2016, 06:41 AM
Thank you All,

Having not done so before, I have some concerns about making assumptions in publicly posting anything without prior approval from the originator(s). Can anyone refer me for how/who to contact at CMT?

In the mean time, I had reached out to 4STER to make arrangements in providing him a copy directly...

Thank you again, and I'm sure there isn't going to be any issues - I just didn't want to assume anything and step on anyones toes (being the new guy and all)...
01-06-2016, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016 02:43 PM by 4ster.)
I sent an email and got a fast, friendly response that they didn't think they had a manual for such an old product. And thank you for the effort to get me a manual, I hope it can be posted on this site in the future with CMT's consent.

Support <support@cmtinc.com>

Steve

Steve
01-08-2016, 03:42 AM
A bit of good new folks...
I just got the approval from CMT to provide the manual to the community
I will look into providing it to Dave Hicks as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Jim
01-14-2016, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 01:03 PM by 4ster.)
Thanks to Old Aeronaut I have the manual for the CMT-200. Without a manual I could only guess at this devices's abilities.

As I suspected, it will meet requirements nicely, which is to serve as a programable switch for selecting 5 circuits to sample with my HP-il voltmeter. It has an interesting feature where an output byte is held in it's buffer indefinitely so that each bit can be used to switch a control circuit - without the 41 on. When I connected the unit up to the manual's suggested test board last night, bits 2, 4 and 5 were set - from the last time the unit had been used. I impressed my wife with my ability to light 8 LEDs to any pattern I wished by merely setting or clearing flags 00 though 07! (Actually she said "that's nice dear" and went back to what she was doing.)

The unit is a lot more capable, but that is essentially what I want it to do.

Steve
11-23-2017, 03:21 PM
(01-01-2016 01:39 AM)Old Aeronaut Wrote:  Good Evening Everyone and Happy New Year...

Hi, I know this is a bit of an older thread, but I was wondering if you (or someone else) could be so kind to share a copy of the CMT-200 manual (I got the CMT-300 one).

Thank you!

Cheers

PeterP

Cheers,

PeterP
11-24-2017, 04:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2017 04:03 AM by 4ster.)
Since permission to share was granted by CMT (above, three posts), I think it would be OK to share the copy that Jim sent to me. PM me your email address and I can send the manual as a PDF attachment. It would be worthwhile to get this in the public domain here - it is really a neat little device. It can serve to connect the 41 to a parallel printer, or to serve as a data acquisition and control unit. The manual is well written and necessary to make use of the device.

Steve

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)