WP 34S Libraries and Programs
05-26-2015, 11:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 11:29 PM by AnalogJoe.)
WP 34S Libraries and Programs
Im really a newbie to the WP 34S and im discovering it has a lot more than I initially would have guessed. So I was trying to use the Matrix editor and I entered XEQ'MED' and sure enough the matrix editor started, I entered the coefficients for the matrix, used the LINEQS command under the MATRIX menu, and I found the answer for the linear system I entered.

However now im 'stuck' in 'MED' mode, everytime I hit 'h' plus 'P/R' I go into program mode but now I can see the program for the matrix editor and I dont know how to go back to the 'empty' program window in which I can enter my own programs. Also, now there is an = sign just left to the BEG legend on the screen which I dont know what it means, Im not talking about the = sign that comes out when in fraction mode, but a bigger = sign just left to BEG.

Ok so thats one of the problems, the other problem is that I was looking at the CAT menu, and I see that aside from 'MED' there are a lot other bundled libraries, which I dont know what they do or how they work. I looked for online and I found this link

http://sourceforge.net/p/wp34s/code/HEAD/tree/library/

But I cant seem to find the same libraries, at least not with the same names as displayed on the calculator without having to go through the entire source code of all the libraries listed there and see if somehow they match the name on the CAT menu. Does any one has a Quick reference guide regarding the CAT menu libraries?

Im sorry for all this questions, im trying hard to look for the answers on my own but many of the answers are just not there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2015, 11:34 PM
RE: WP 34S Libraries and Programs
The big equals is linked to flag A. CF A will hide it.

Going back to your program can be done via CAT. Or try GTO 'your label' or (I think) GTO . . or maybe even GTO . 0000.

There isn't much documentation for the libraries. Feel free to write some and submit it to the project Smile

- Pauli
05-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Talking about writting some, I just realized that somehow I deleted the MED library from my calc!!! how can I get it back?
05-26-2015, 11:53 PM
If you've got a serial cable, you can download it again or reflash the entire firmware. If not, you can type it in from the keyboard.

There is no magic backup on the device.

- Pauli
05-26-2015, 11:54 PM
Yes but how do I save it in the CAT menu?
05-27-2015, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2015 12:28 AM by AnalogJoe.)
oops Im in trouble here, Im trying to retype the entire code through the keyboard, but there are a LOT of things I have no idea what the code means, for instance:

****LBL 11 // [A] within editor: Back to square 1
again:: # 1 // start with (1,1)
STO I
STO J

I highlighted in bold again:: # 1 what does that mean?, is it like a label, or a command or what? how am I supposed to enter that?

or for example here:

CL[alpha] // Display row and column
[alpha]IP I
" "
[alpha]IP J
" "
FS? 00
"f"
What about those " " and "f" what does that mean?
05-27-2015, 01:09 AM
Ok so I know why I may be in trouble, apparently those are assembler commands, which Im guessing are not inteded to be programmed directly to the calculator by hand but rather by compiling it in a computer and then transfering them via the serial cable.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the library back?
05-27-2015, 01:55 AM
If you are having trouble entering the program (yes, it is meant to be assembled by our assembler), your best option might be to completely reload the firmware via a programming cable.

- Pauli
05-27-2015, 01:57 AM
(05-26-2015 11:54 PM)AnalogJoe Wrote:  Yes but how do I save it in the CAT menu?

Any program that has a character label (LBL'A' not LBL A) will show up in the CAT catalogue.

PSTO is the command to save something you've typed in to the library space.
PRCL copies it back.

Pauli
05-27-2015, 02:45 AM
(05-27-2015 01:55 AM)Paul Dale Wrote:  If you are having trouble entering the program (yes, it is meant to be assembled by our assembler), your best option might be to completely reload the firmware via a programming cable.

- Pauli

Hey Pauli, I just checked the cable, seems to be a standard RS-232 interface, problem is the connection header, which I also read on a post someone already did it.

Im an EE, so im a lot more comfortable doing a cable than coding the software through the calculator keys, thus I prefer to just transfer it.
05-27-2015, 09:19 AM
(05-27-2015 12:07 AM)AnalogJoe Wrote:  oops Im in trouble here, Im trying to retype the entire code through the keyboard, but there are a LOT of things I have no idea what the code means, for instance:

****LBL 11 // [A] within editor: Back to square 1
again:: # 1 // start with (1,1)
STO I
STO J

I highlighted in bold again:: # 1 what does that mean?, is it like a label, or a command or what? how am I supposed to enter that?

or for example here:

CL[alpha] // Display row and column
[alpha]IP I
" "
[alpha]IP J
" "
FS? 00
"f"
What about those " " and "f" what does that mean?

Such code is intended to be assembled by the assembler. You can type it with your preferred ASCII editor in your PC, then assemble them with the proper software and then download it to the machine.

Or you must make the assembling manually and type the assembled output directly on the machine. CL[alpha] is the clear alpha command in yellow below the backspace key, [alpha]IP can be found in the X.FCN catalogue (a letter alpha followed by IP) and so on.
Labels (label:: ) can be replaced by LBL nn commands (nn being a number of your choice) and JMP label by GTO nn. This is cumbersome, error prone and, definitely, less desirable that using the assembler.

Regards.
11-24-2015, 08:31 AM
Is it a way to get a cable for WP34s ?
I'm long time searching but .....

Good day.

GĂ©rard.
11-24-2015, 05:58 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2015 06:03 PM by BarryMead.)
Whenever you get done using a Flash library function such as 'MED' it is s good idea to execute the "P.FCN END" command this will point the calculator back to the RAM program area so you don't wind up accidentally deleting any programs in Flash memory.

Hope this helps, Barry
11-24-2015, 07:08 PM
(11-24-2015 05:58 PM)BarryMead Wrote:  Whenever you get done using a Flash library function such as 'MED' it is s good idea to execute the "P.FCN END" command this will point the calculator back to the RAM program area...
RTN from the keyboard should do the same.

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
11-24-2015, 07:35 PM
(11-24-2015 07:08 PM)Marcus von Cube Wrote:  RTN from the keyboard should do the same.

Thanks Marcus, RTN is fewer keystrokes (on the real calculator).

On the Qt emulator it is the same number of mouse clicks either way.

Cheers, Barry

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)