Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
02-24-2015, 06:00 PM
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
(02-24-2015 05:09 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 04:22 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  In your order confirmation from CreateSpace you should have a Title ID number.
The Title ID for 3.2 is : 4106229 (order page is https://www.createspace.com/4106229)
The Title ID for 3.3 is : 5304580 (order page is https://www.createspace.com/5304580)

In the picture below you can see a sample order with the two versions of the manual: different Title ID and different price.

By the way, Didier, I just walked through the ordering process again & there was no mention of alternative versions to order, it was only mentioned in the page addressed by walter's link, & there it only says 3.3.

As Didier mentioned (and I did in post #1, too), the Title ID as well as the link are unambiguous. What looks strange to me is the mail you showed above. The price printed there is clearly the one of v3.2. I don't understand at all how CreateSpace linked the Title ID 5304580 you ordered via said link to that price which belongs to the Title ID 4106229 as mentioned above. That may not help you directly but there seems to be something really fishy. Just my 20m€, of course.

d:-/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2015, 06:09 PM
(02-24-2015 06:00 PM)walter b Wrote:  
(02-24-2015 05:09 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  By the way, Didier, I just walked through the ordering process again & there was no mention of alternative versions to order, it was only mentioned in the page addressed by walter's link, & there it only says 3.3.

As Didier mentioned (and I did in post #1, too), the Title ID as well as the link are unambiguous. What looks strange to me is the mail you showed above. The price printed there is clearly the one of v3.2. I don't understand at all how CreateSpace linked the Title ID 5304580 you ordered via said link to that price which belongs to the Title ID 4106229 as mentioned above. That may not help you directly but there seems to be something really fishy. Just my 20m€, of course.

dUndecided

Interesting that you find something "fishy" - as these people are your agents it might concern you to find out the source of the fishiness.

createspace have now advised me to order the "correct" manual if I want version 3.3.

ie They assume some error or dishonesty on my part in attempting to claim I ordered 3.3.

I entered through your link & saw nothing indicating any alternatives & createspace refuses to send me what I ordered.
02-24-2015, 06:55 PM
As I told you I don't understand what they did in your case. And FYI: I don't pay those folks - I just returned to that printshop since
  1. it did the job properly for v3.2,
  2. it's USA-based which makes most of my customers happy,
  3. all others I know ask for more $$ for an individual print.
I would have chosen e.g. an Austrian printer if there was a competitive offer though it wasn't. Let's wait for some feedback from the other folks who ordered recently - then we'll know more.

d:-I
02-24-2015, 07:09 PM
(02-24-2015 06:55 PM)walter b Wrote:  As I told you I don't understand what they did in your case. And FYI: I don't pay those folks - I just returned to that printshop since
  1. it did the job properly for v3.2,
  2. it's USA-based which makes most of my customers happy,
  3. all others I know ask for more $$ for an individual print.
I would have chosen e.g. an Austrian printer if there was a competitive offer though it wasn't. Let's wait for some feedback from the other folks who ordered recently - then we'll know more.

d:-I

Thank you for the info that you don't pay createspace - I actually assumed they payed you.

Nicely objective of you being interested in the statistics of errors in supplying orders but I don't consider myself a hiccough.

As createspace has ruled on my complaint I doubt that I have much to wait for.
02-24-2015, 07:35 PM
(02-24-2015 05:09 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  By the way, Didier, I just walked through the ordering process again & there was no mention of alternative versions to order, it was only mentioned in the page addressed by walter's link, & there it only says 3.3.
Yes, it's strange. The link from Walter at the beginning of this thread is clearly to the version 3.3. The one to v3.2 was previously on the WP 34S page on SourceForge but it is no more there.
From the CreateSpace confirmation mail the price is the 3.2 price, not the 3.3 one, so at least you've got what you've paid for...
02-24-2015, 07:39 PM
(02-24-2015 07:35 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  
Yes, it's strange. The link from Walter at the beginning of this thread is clearly to the version 3.3. The one to v3.2 was previously on the WP 34S page on SourceForge but it is no more there.
From the CreateSpace confirmation mail the price is the 3.2 price, not the 3.3 one, so at least you've got what you've paid for...

No, I have not got what I paid for - the manual 3.2 is practically useless for 3.3, I would never have bought it. The seller may have mis-priced the goods but I never agreed to pay for 3.2.
02-25-2015, 12:52 AM
THIS IS NOT FROM DEN THE MODERATOR. IT'S FROM DEN THE MEMBER.

Walter;
You seem interested in helping Gerald get the manual that he needs for his version.
Somewhere back there, Gerald sounded interested in an electronic version. I think it had cross references and an index.
You had told him the PDF for his build is +/- $9.
You could offer to give him an updateable version of that for free as an act of good faith.

I know that these manual sales are to put money in the kitty for development costs of the 34-43 series, and yes I know that there is NO WAY to pay for the time that goes into them. I'm sure that Gerald knows this too and that's probably why he chose to buy a physical manual at a higher price, to do a little to support the work. That's why I bought the spiral bound book.

I don't know if my idea fixes the problem but at least it gets the information to him without the cost of return postage or the drain of re-sending the correct one. It would also let us all know that if your printer screws up, you'll find a way to make it right. You could ask. You guys are neighbors after all.
02-25-2015, 07:48 AM
Only for avid readers of my troubles so far:

I have now received the demand from customs for the import of the book.

As the Commercial Invoice produced by createspace shows

Total Item Cost: 34.00
Freight Charge: 35.00

the customs demand is euros 5.95.

You may remember that Shipping was $ 7.99, not 35.00.

& indeed, my credit card was debited for $ 7.99 correctly. (Boy, was I lucky that time!)

Now I have a customs' demand for the inflated (& erroneous) figure.
02-25-2015, 08:12 AM
(02-25-2015 12:52 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  THIS IS NOT FROM DEN THE MODERATOR. IT'S FROM DEN THE MEMBER.

Walter;
You seem interested in helping Gerald get the manual that he needs for his version.
Somewhere back there, Gerald sounded interested in an electronic version. I think it had cross references and an index.
You had told him the PDF for his build is +/- $9.
You could offer to give him an updateable version of that for free as an act of good faith.

I know that these manual sales are to put money in the kitty for development costs of the 34-43 series, and yes I know that there is NO WAY to pay for the time that goes into them. I'm sure that Gerald knows this too and that's probably why he chose to buy a physical manual at a higher price, to do a little to support the work. That's why I bought the spiral bound book.

I don't know if my idea fixes the problem but at least it gets the information to him without the cost of return postage or the drain of re-sending the correct one. It would also let us all know that if your printer screws up, you'll find a way to make it right. You could ask. You guys are neighbors after all.

Correct, I'm willing to pay a little over the odds to appreciate & further walter & co's work.

Which does not imply I would order a manual that is of practically no use to me.
02-25-2015, 10:56 AM
Interesting communication from createspace:

"I’m sorry you didn’t receive the book you expected. Upon further review, I found that you actually ordered the book you received."

Although I, in my note, wrote that the received version was of no use to me & that I explicitly wanted version 3.3.
02-25-2015, 01:12 PM
So I give up with createspace - another happy customer.

Where else can I get a copy of the 3.3 manual?
02-25-2015, 01:29 PM
(02-25-2015 01:12 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  So I give up with createspace - another happy customer.

Gerald - although the v3.2 manual is not up-to-date, it is still an exellent and beautiful book, covering probably 90+% (help me Walter or Pauli with better estimate) of the 3.3 functionality, all the historical content, building/flashing instructions, etc. Suggest you post it for sale in the classifieds. While likely no one will pay full price, it's better to get something back for a book you don't want and can't return, plus some other users here will get a nice bargain on a very nice book. Collectors take note.

As for other sources of the v3.3, there are none besides Createspace, unless you can get enough demand for another batch of 30+, assuming Walter would be willing to manage that re-printing process. Perhaps add a post to see how many new 34S users are interested and maybe within a couple months you will have enough interested parties. I agree it's tough though as most new users will opt for the existing POD version, instant satisfaction being what it is these days. As it is I have an V3.3 wire-bound yet I am still considering a POD copy.

--Bob Prosperi
02-25-2015, 01:33 PM
(02-25-2015 01:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 01:12 PM)Gerald H Wrote:  So I give up with createspace - another happy customer.

Gerald - although the v3.2 manual is not up-to-date, it is still an exellent and beautiful book, covering probably 90+% (help me Walter or Pauli with better estimate) of the 3.3 functionality, all the historical content, building/flashing instructions, etc. Suggest you post it for sale in the classifieds. While likely no one will pay full price, it's better to get something back for a book you don't want and can't return, plus some other users here will get a nice bargain on a very nice book. Collectors take note.

As for other sources of the v3.3, there are none besides Createspace, unless you can get enough demand for another batch of 30+, assuming Walter would be willing to manage that re-printing process. Perhaps add a post to see how many new 34S users are interested and maybe within a couple months you will have enough interested parties. I agree it's tough though as most new users will opt for the existing POD version, instant satisfaction being what it is these days. As it is I have an V3.3 wire-bound yet I am still considering a POD copy.

True, 3.2 is a beautiful publication, which I neither wanted nor ordered.

Many thanks for your kindness.
02-25-2015, 08:35 PM
(02-25-2015 10:56 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Interesting communication from createspace:

"I’m sorry you didn’t receive the book you expected. Upon further review, I found that you actually ordered the book you received."

As you ordered a 3.3 manual whereas CreateSpace sent you a 3.2 manual and refuse to refund your money, have you considered opening a chargeback dispute with your card issuer?
02-25-2015, 10:22 PM
(02-25-2015 01:29 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  although the v3.2 manual is not up-to-date, it is still an exellent and beautiful book, covering probably 90+% (help me Walter or Pauli with better estimate) of the 3.3 functionality...

More like 99.9%. Very little actually changed from 3.2 to 3.3. Walter might be able to give a better estimate but we're really in a bug fix mode at the moment & have been for quite a long time.

Pauli
03-19-2015, 10:25 AM
(02-25-2015 08:35 PM)SecondCalc Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 10:56 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  Interesting communication from createspace:

As you ordered a 3.3 manual whereas CreateSpace sent you a 3.2 manual and refuse to refund your money, have you considered opening a chargeback dispute with your card issuer?

Considered & executed.
04-08-2015, 08:02 AM
(03-19-2015 10:25 AM)Gerald H Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 08:35 PM)SecondCalc Wrote:  As you ordered a 3.3 manual whereas CreateSpace sent you a 3.2 manual and refuse to refund your money, have you considered opening a chargeback dispute with your card issuer?

Considered & executed.

Results?

d:-?
04-08-2015, 10:26 AM
Pending.
05-01-2015, 02:09 PM
Result of the complaints procedure is a settlement to the mutual satisfaction of all parties concerned (I believe).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)