Compiling the WP 34S and 31S on Linux
02-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Compiling the WP 34S and 31S on Linux
Jonathan, Barry and I have put together a how-to document that provides step-by-step instructions on how to compile flash images and the Qt emulator for the WP 34S and 31S on Linux. It explains how to use the Yagarto compiler with Wine and how to set up a second compiler that runs natively on Linux in order to speed up the build process.

We hope that the community will find this guide useful. Feedback is welcome, if anyone would like to suggest improvements, please share your thoughts here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Compiling the WP 34S and 31S on Linux
(02-15-2015 09:40 PM)Bit Wrote:  Jonathan, Barry and I have put together a how-to document that provides step-by-step instructions on how to compile flash images and the Qt emulator for the WP 34S and 31S on Linux. It explains how to use the Yagarto compiler with Wine and how to set up a second compiler that runs natively on Linux in order to speed up the build process.

I should mention that this document was almost all written by Bit. Bit, thanks for your help on this. And Barry helped me resolve some questions about my compiler configuration.

I finally have a working compile environment that produces reliable builds!

Thanks Bit and Barry!

-Jonathan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-16-2015, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015 02:48 AM by BarryMead.)
(02-15-2015 09:40 PM)Bit Wrote:  Jonathan, Barry and I have put together a how-to document that provides step-by-step instructions on how to compile flash images and the Qt emulator for the WP 34S and 31S on Linux. It explains how to use the Yagarto compiler with Wine and how to set up a second compiler that runs natively on Linux in order to speed up the build process.

We hope that the community will find this guide useful. Feedback is welcome, if anyone would like to suggest improvements, please share your thoughts here.
I just wanted to make one thing clear. It is not a NEW IDEA to have a user's guide on how to Compile the WP-34S binary flash images. There has been one for windows systems on sourceforge for quite a while. The UNIQUE thing about this guide is that it works natively on modern Linux systems without having to dual boot into windows or run a windows virtual machine. Since the yagarto compiler is only available as a windows exe file, that one piece is executed using wine, but everything else is native Linux. If you are a Linux fan, like me, you will appreciate being able to create custom WP 34S and 31S binary flash images in your favorite environment.
02-16-2015, 03:29 AM
(02-16-2015 02:21 AM)BarryMead Wrote:  If you are a Linux fan, like me, you will appreciate being able to create custom WP 34S and 31S binary flash images in your favorite environment.

Very much!

Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
02-17-2015, 05:19 AM
Barry, Bit, and Jonathan, heartfelt thanks to all of you.

It's as if you read my mind. This was on my list of things to do, along with a flashing guide for Mac users, which also uses a VM and Ubuntu Linux. The latter is in the assembling notes phase and there's a lot of work yet to do.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)