Swiss Micros - anyone have one of these?
12-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Swiss Micros - anyone have one of these?
http://www.swissmicros.com

The only discussion thread I was able to find is this one, which didn't get any replies on the subject.

At first glance I wasn't that impressed. Just curious if anyone else has one, or has considered buying one.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 07:19 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
RE: Swiss Micros - anyone have one of these?
(12-05-2014 06:58 PM)John Galt Wrote:  http://www.swissmicros.com

The only discussion thread I was able to find is this one, which didn't get any replies on the subject.

At first glance I wasn't that impressed. Just curious if anyone else has one, or has considered buying one.

You didn't search hard enough... Smile
Have a look here

I have v1 and v2 15CC along with the full line (10-11-12-16).
Not on daily use but nice, *tiny* and fully compatible. Yes: the keyboard is what it is...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2014, 09:58 PM
One thing cool is that it can be linked to a 15C simulator.
12-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Hello,
There were a lot of swiss micro calculators at the last Allchwill meeting early november.

I had one 15c of the second generation (a couple of years ago). The keys were hard to press and loose some of them.

I tested one of these during the meeting pauses and the keyboard has been improved.

I didn't personally like the bulky steel back case but the pouches and leather flip cover were really really nice.

I think that there were no advertising of the improvements of these machines or i didn't notice it.

Last comment: i am not connected to this company in any way.

Thanks

Giancarlo
12-07-2014, 08:46 AM
There were quite some discussions about it. I have one from the first edition. Really cute, but I had to glue the posts to the back PCB after they came loose. Also, the mylar doesn't stick very well. The firmware is brilliant. It beats HPs 15C LE firmware hands down. No apparent bugs, an extra feature, and more memory registers.
12-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I've a couple of the first edition ones. Nice units, although they have a tricky keyboard at times, which I believe was improved in the second version. The firmware is perfect.

- Pauli
12-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Isn't this some kind of massive patent violation?
12-14-2014, 01:57 AM
(12-13-2014 09:13 PM)John W Kercheval Wrote:  Isn't this some kind of massive patent violation?

Probably not as I suspect any patents that might apply here have long expired. Now copyright violation could be a possible issue since I beleive this device uses the microcode from the original calculator models. But that would only apply if HP provided a copyright notice for the code in their documentation or in the code itself. According to the following, it appears they did not.
http://nonpareil.brouhaha.com/microcode_...ht_status/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-14-2014, 08:43 AM
(12-14-2014 01:57 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  But that would only apply if HP provided a copyright notice for the code in their documentation or in the code itself.
Not in Switzerland (and many other countries).

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)