Graph3D App Has Problem with New Firmware
05-31-2014, 06:06 PM
Graph3D App Has Problem with New Firmware
I installed the latest firmware update (V0.0.32.6030)
and tried running Han's Graph3D app, but it has a problem setting the ranges
for the x,y, and z axes. It rejects negative numbers-I get an Invalid Input
error. I can work around this problem by eliminating the single quotes and
entering the negative number directly. There is probably a simple fix for
this in the software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: Graph3D App Has Problem with New Firmware
I was hoping the new version would have a 3D App...
06-01-2014, 09:21 PM
There is already a 3D graphing app that has been available for several months now. See the programs sub-forum. However I don't know if it works in the new firmware since it's not HP who did it.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 05:43 PM
(06-01-2014 09:21 PM)Kevin Ouellet Wrote:  There is already a 3D graphing app that has been available for several months now. See the programs sub-forum. However I don't know if it works in the new firmware since it's not HP who did it.

I have the most recent version of Graph3D. I think that Han wrote the program
with help from Cyrille, who does work for HP.
06-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Han provided a lot of exceptionally good feedback that led directly to some of the changes in the triangle command. At the same time, similar changes were made to the polygon command, and the line command which enabled them all to work seamlessly in producing much more complex 3d shapes.

I am guessing the issue actually comes at the use of the triangle commands, but of course I may be wrong on that.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-15-2014, 02:54 AM
(05-31-2014 06:06 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I installed the latest firmware update (V0.0.32.6030)
this in the software.

Sorry I didn't respond to this post earlier (was away during the summer, so to speak).

Depending on which version you used, 6030 does break the app. Version 2.2 (with rotation) relied on TRIANGLE, which was updated in 6030. As for getting invalid input for your ranges, it may likely be due to your fraction mark setting. I use decimal, and many folks who ran into errors similar to yours were those who changed their fraction marks to commas. Then, of course, there is RPN mode which hasn't been tested.

Anyway, I placed an updated version that pretty much combined all the nice features of all prior versions. So now you can get smooth 3D rotations as well as trace features and translucency. If you prefer having opaque graphs with proper "hidden-line-removal" then simply change the transmode:=1 line to transmode:=0 in the source code (pretty much first non-comment line in the code).

Han

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
09-15-2014, 06:48 PM
(09-15-2014 02:54 AM)Han Wrote:  
(05-31-2014 06:06 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  I installed the latest firmware update (V0.0.32.6030)
this in the software.

Sorry I didn't respond to this post earlier (was away during the summer, so to speak).

Depending on which version you used, 6030 does break the app. Version 2.2 (with rotation) relied on TRIANGLE, which was updated in 6030. As for getting invalid input for your ranges, it may likely be due to your fraction mark setting. I use decimal, and many folks who ran into errors similar to yours were those who changed their fraction marks to commas. Then, of course, there is RPN mode which hasn't been tested.

Anyway, I placed an updated version that pretty much combined all the nice features of all prior versions. So now you can get smooth 3D rotations as well as trace features and translucency. If you prefer having opaque graphs with proper "hidden-line-removal" then simply change the transmode:=1 line to transmode:=0 in the source code (pretty much first non-comment line in the code).

Han

Thank you Han for the updated version. It runs significantly faster on my Prime than the older version when rotating the plot. My original complaint, however, is still there-a minor one but it is likely easily corrected:
When I enter a negative value for the lower limit of either X,y, or z in the range settings, I get an 'Invalid input' error. When I try entering it a second time, it accepts it without error. I don't mind this minor inconvenience but I thought I would call it to your attention anyway.
09-15-2014, 07:48 PM
(09-15-2014 06:48 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  Thank you Han for the updated version. It runs significantly faster on my Prime than the older version when rotating the plot. My original complaint, however, is still there-a minor one but it is likely easily corrected:
When I enter a negative value for the lower limit of either X,y, or z in the range settings, I get an 'Invalid input' error. When I try entering it a second time, it accepts it without error. I don't mind this minor inconvenience but I thought I would call it to your attention anyway.

My suspicion is that you are using RPN mode -- is this correct? If so, I believe that what is happening is that the INPUT() command is auto-inserting the single quotes around your number. I will see if the new features of INPUT() can be used to get around this issue. Otherwise, the developers will have to find a better way for RPN to work with INPUT() calls.

09-16-2014, 05:31 AM
(09-15-2014 07:48 PM)Han Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 06:48 PM)John Colvin Wrote:  Thank you Han for the updated version. It runs significantly faster on my Prime than the older version when rotating the plot. My original complaint, however, is still there-a minor one but it is likely easily corrected:

My suspicion is that you are using RPN mode -- is this correct? If so, I believe that what is happening is that the INPUT() command is auto-inserting the single quotes around your number. I will see if the new features of INPUT() can be used to get around this issue. Otherwise, the developers will have to find a better way for RPN to work with INPUT() calls.

You are correct I am using the app in RPN mode. I don't have the issue in textbook mode.
12-05-2014, 03:25 AM
I too have the 6030 firmware on my Prime. So which version of the 3D graphing can I use that will work well with this? Thanks
12-05-2014, 04:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-05-2014 04:08 AM by Han.)
RE: Graph3D for firmware 6030
(12-05-2014 03:25 AM)marcusnicolas1 Wrote:  I too have the 6030 firmware on my Prime. So which version of the 3D graphing can I use that will work well with this? Thanks

For firmware 6030, you can use this: http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/attachment.php?aid=1071 -- it's listed in the first post for Graph 3D in the programs library (you just need to read the post, toward the bottom)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)