HP 50g Connectivity Kit
09-13-2014, 09:32 AM
HP 50g Connectivity Kit
If I use On+Up Arrow, the Connectivity Kit (CK) captures the whole screen from my 50g. If I use the I/O functions menu's Print display command, the bottom two lines are cut off in the capture. Also, the SD card doesn't show up in the directory of the CK. I'm using Version 2.3 Build 2439 of the CK and have Version HP50-C Revision #2.15 on the 50g. Are these general problems or do I have unique errors. Either way are there fixes? TIA

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: HP 50g Connectivity Kit
(09-13-2014 09:32 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  If I use On+Up Arrow, the Connectivity Kit (CK) captures the whole screen from my 50g. If I use the I/O functions menu's Print display command, the bottom two lines are cut off in the capture. Also, the SD card doesn't show up in the directory of the CK. I'm using Version 2.3 Build 2439 of the CK and have Version HP50-C Revision #2.15 on the 50g. Are these general problems or do I have unique errors. Either way are there fixes? TIA

Tom L

The format of the data being sent to the Connectivity Kit using those two print methods is different. Apparently, the Connectivity Kit incorrectly assumes that the size of the screen is 131x64 (eg. for 48 or 49) instead of 131x80 (49g+, 50g) if you print from the menu. The same thing happens if you use the PRLCD command, which sends data in the same format. I believe the problem is actually in the Connectivity Kit, because printing the screen to a real printer using those methods doesn't exhibit the problem.

As for the SD card, I don't believe the Connectivity Kit is capable of directly addressing any of the ports (0-3). You're much better off simply using an SD card reader attached to your computer to copy the needed files. If you're intent on doing this with the Connectivity Kit, there is a messy work-around:

1) Copy an object to the calculator
2) In the View menu for the CK, select "Calculator Command"
3) Issue commands to the calculator to recall the object to the stack and store it in port 3:

'objectname' RCL
:3:objectname STO

4) Delete the object from the calculator's main memory
09-13-2014, 10:43 PM
(09-13-2014 06:20 PM)DavidM Wrote:  
(09-13-2014 09:32 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  If I use On+Up Arrow, the Connectivity Kit (CK) captures the whole screen from my 50g. If I use the I/O functions menu's Print display command, the bottom two lines are cut off in the capture. Also, the SD card doesn't show up in the directory of the CK. I'm using Version 2.3 Build 2439 of the CK and have Version HP50-C Revision #2.15 on the 50g. Are these general problems or do I have unique errors. Either way are there fixes? TIA

Tom L

As for the SD card, I don't believe the Connectivity Kit is capable of directly addressing any of the ports (0-3). You're much better off simply using an SD card reader attached to your computer to copy the needed files. If you're intent on doing this with the Connectivity Kit, there is a messy work-around:

1) Copy an object to the calculator
2) In the View menu for the CK, select "Calculator Command"
3) Issue commands to the calculator to recall the object to the stack and store it in port 3:

'objectname' RCL
:3:objectname STO

4) Delete the object from the calculator's main memory
Thanks for the reply. I'll do most of my file manipulations on a PC, then. I can't even find a way to use the calculator create a directory on the SD card and copy files to it. If I create the directory and copy files to it using a PC the calculator can see them and use them normally. Using the calculator, when I select files to copy the only option I have is to copy them to the root directory of the SD card and New doesn't work to create either a file or directory on the SD card. I don't see a way to select a directory as the target or create directories on the SD. Is there a way?

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-14-2014, 01:20 AM
(09-13-2014 10:43 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  ...I'll do most of my file manipulations on a PC, then. I can't even find a way to use the calculator create a directory on the SD card and copy files to it. If I create the directory and copy files to it using a PC the calculator can see them and use them normally. Using the calculator, when I select files to copy the only option I have is to copy them to the root directory of the SD card and New doesn't work to create either a file or directory on the SD card. I don't see a way to select a directory as the target or create directories on the SD. Is there a way?

Tom L

You can, but it's definitely easier when accessing the SD card via computer.

To create a directory using the calculator, you have to manually store an object into it with the desired path. Let's say you want to create a directory in root named "TOM" and another subdirectory under that named "L":

1) Put something (anything) on the stack to store. The number 123 is fine.
2) Create the path name (in double quotes) for the object to store, prefaced by :3: (no quotes). The path separator is the forward slash. I'll use "junk" as the new object name. In this example, the following should now be placed on the stack:

:3:"TOM/L/junk"

3) Press the STO key.

Hope this helps!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)