Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available
02-19-2023, 04:03 AM
Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available
For details:
https://www.numworks.com/calculator/update/version-20/

Highlights:

* Separate Finance and Distribution Applications

* Pressing the divide key [ ÷ ] prior to number entry cycles between: Ans divided by denominator, fraction, mixed fraction.

* Pressing the Home Key then the 0 key gets the shortcut to Settings

* The new Elements app is available. We can display each element by its family, s/p/d/f blocks, type of metals, molar mass, electronegativity, melting temperature, boiling temperature, and atomic radius. Each attribute is shown separately.

* When a value is highlighted in any app, except in Python, pressing [ shift ] (sto→) will give you a prompt to store the amount in a variable. As a reminder, variables can have more than one character.

* In the Grapher app, points of interest (zeroes/roots, minima, maxima, points of inflection, etc.) will have black dots.

* Also in the Grapher app, the ability to find integrals is added to the toolbox.

* Inverse trig functions are now labeled as arcsin, arccos, and arctan.

* Degree and degree minute second templates are loaded from the Toolbox > Units and constants > Length and angle > Angle submenu.

* Additional information is added to angle, trigonometric, and vector calculations.

* We can add and subtract percents directly.

There seems to not be additions to the Python programming module (yet).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2023, 02:22 AM
RE: Numworks - Software Version 20 is Available
On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).
Find all posts by this user
02-20-2023, 02:01 PM
Not yet, I only have the N0110 version.
02-20-2023, 05:48 PM
(02-20-2023 02:22 AM)DMaier Wrote:  On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).

Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

Tom L
Cui bono?
02-20-2023, 06:15 PM
(02-20-2023 05:48 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

Ti-Planet, actually, although my French isn't really up to the task... (I got there by wondering if they weren't due for a new model, and searching for N0120.)

La NumWorks N0120 surpuissante débarque enfin en France !

There are a few unboxing videos, but it doesn't look like much different from the N0110, other than N0120 is in a much larger font.
02-20-2023, 06:31 PM
(02-20-2023 05:48 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(02-20-2023 02:22 AM)DMaier Wrote:  On the subject of Numworks, I’m wondering if anyone has tried out the new n0120? It appears the key feature is a faster processor, but I’m not sure if anything else is noteworthy. I gather changes have been made which might allow it to be used on school exams (looks like you are probably out of luck if you want to use Khicas, but I think that was already true if you had a recent firmware version on the n0110).

Where did you hear about the N0120? I don't see any reference to it on the Numworks website.

On the Portugal page: https://www.numworks.com/pt/comprar/
Model N0120 EX is mentioned.
02-26-2023, 09:33 PM
a guy called Concrete Dog on youtube, posted a video "Numworks N0120 Calculator Show and Tell"
not much about it but i was surprised there was a new version.
02-26-2023, 10:30 PM
(02-26-2023 09:33 PM)thenozone Wrote:  a guy called Concrete Dog on youtube, posted a video "Numworks N0120 Calculator Show and Tell"
not much about it but i was surprised there was a new version.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYE9B5MCKQ0

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)