The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calcu
03-07-2022, 02:31 AM
The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calcu
The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calculator
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2022, 04:49 AM
RE: The calculator restarts repeatedly with CK connected
I am seeing the same behavior.

ter
03-07-2022, 09:05 PM
RE: Calculator restarts repeatedly after the Conn. Kit is connected to the calculator
Out of the Prime calculators I have here, I’ve seen this with one of them, a preproduction G1 model. (I haven’t seen it with standard G1s or with any G2s.)

A bit more information might help narrow down what is happening. (E.g.: Which versions of the Connectivity Kit have you tried using? Which type of Prime is being used [hardware type, firmware revision]?)
03-08-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calcu
HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_x64_20211001
HP_PRIME
2.1.14588(2021 05 05)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-08-2022, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2022 01:19 AM by yingwuluo.)
RE: The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calcu
The latest version of the connection kit:
HP_Prime_Connectivity_Kit_x64_20211001
calculator information:HP_PRIME
Software version:2.1.14588(2021 05 05)
hardware version:A
operating system:V0.0550.640

After the calculator is connected to the computer, the backup data fails. After canceling, click the information tree on the left side of the connection kit, and the calculator restarts repeatedly.

It is hoped that after backing up the data, update it to avoid data loss.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-08-2022, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022 07:43 AM by Tim Roche.)
RE: The calculator restarts repeatedly using CK
jte,

I suspect that my old hp prime is a preproduction or equivalent unit. Back when I purchased my original prime it had some issues (which I do not recall) that made keeping the calculator untenable. After some communications with Tim Wessman, I ended up returning the unit to hp for "repair". The calculator I now have is not the original unit sent in for repair, but a replacement. In fact, it does not have a S/N on the back. About hp prime reports:

Software Version: 2.1.14603 (2021 12 02)
Hardware Version: A
CAS Version: 1.5.0
Serial Number: 90E048C5ADFBB07
Operating System: V0.050.640

The calculator is very finicky when communicating with my laptop and does cycle restart when linked with CK.

ter
03-08-2022, 01:44 PM
(03-07-2022 02:31 AM)yingwuluo Wrote:  The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected to the calculator

Have you tried the factory reset procedure? My G1 calculator has had this type of behaviour in the past and it required a factory reset to correct.

The other potential factor would be memory related if you have installed a lot of apps or added a lot of user files to those apps. Although you should see a memory error rather than a reboot in this case.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2022, 03:51 PM
I have a g1 and from a previous post someone suggested in the APP screen do SHIFT ESC and that fixed it for me until I edited some apps last weekend. After I did the reset had to re-install custom apps but worked fine for a month or so but did sync with pc ok untill last weekend. So this may work for you. But I would do regular backups incase it Messes up again
03-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Has anyone solved this problem satisfactorily? I have the same problem, and even after performing a factory reset, the problem reoccurs.
Serial Number: ACY34205N9

Grateful
03-09-2022, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2022 02:22 PM by Jacob Wall.)
(03-09-2022 12:13 PM)Davidro Wrote:  Has anyone solved this problem satisfactorily? I have the same problem, and even after performing a factory reset, the problem reoccurs.

Grateful

Has anyone tried downgrading to the (2020 01 16) firmware to see if the issue remains? There is that bad WAIT(-1) bug in the G1 firmware releases since 2020 that make some apps unusable. I posted downgrade instructions here.
03-10-2022, 01:23 AM
(03-09-2022 02:21 PM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  
(03-09-2022 12:13 PM)Davidro Wrote:  Has anyone solved this problem satisfactorily? I have the same problem, and even after performing a factory reset, the problem reoccurs.

Grateful

Has anyone tried downgrading to the (2020 01 16) firmware to see if the issue remains? There is that bad WAIT(-1) bug in the G1 firmware releases since 2020 that make some apps unusable. I posted downgrade instructions here.

After restoring the factory settings, the data stored in the calculator will be lost, and the programs written by yourself will be lost. If there is a problem with the connection kit, how to save the data?
03-10-2022, 01:05 PM
The calculator went back to work with the connectivity kit downloading the firmware 20200116, however, without the Python app.
Grateful

(03-09-2022 02:21 PM)Jacob Wall Wrote:  

Grateful

03-11-2022, 03:29 AM
(03-10-2022 01:23 AM)yingwuluo Wrote:  After restoring the factory settings, the data stored in the calculator will be lost, and the programs written by yourself will be lost. If there is a problem with the connection kit, how to save the data?

There is no way to get the data saved, because you need to expand the calculator tree in the CK to reveal the Backup option, and that is when the calculator crashes, right?

With a firmware downgrade there is some chance that "maybe" user data is retained? I thought that was the case but someone else may know for sure. At least the CK allows for a firmware installation without expanding the calculator tree.
03-11-2022, 05:41 AM
Bonjour
Je ne sais pas si c'est le même problème et si cela aidera,
mais j'ai remarqué que :
Quand je démarre le CK et connecte la Hp prime ensuite cela ne fonctionne pas
impossible d'obtenir le contenu de la calculatrice.
Si je quitte le CK et ensuite déconnecte la Prime celle ci se bloque.
Depuis je connecte d'abord la Prime et démarre ensuite le CK, puis
je déconnecte la Prime et ensuite quitte le CK.
Quand je fais cela aucun problème avec G1 et G2.
(précision ma G1 est en version 14425, ma G2 en version 14588 et CK en version 14592
sous Windows 10)

Hello
I don't know if this is the same problem and if it will help,
but I have noticed that :
When I start the CK and connect the Hp prime then it doesn't work
I can't get the contents of the calculator.
If I leave the CK and then disconnect the Prime it freezes.
I have been using the Hp prime and then the CK, then I disconnect the prime and then disconnect the CK.
I disconnect Prime and then leave the CK.
When I do this no problem with G1 and G2.
(precision my G1 is in version 14425, my G2 in version 14588 and CK in version 14592
under Windows 10)

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Sorry for my english
03-12-2022, 10:56 AM
Same new unwanted bevavior here:
HP Prime Comm.Kit & Prime G1 HW C:
-> Prime in Conn. Kit: -> restarts of Prime (Prime unusable with Conn.Kit)
I didn't have this error in previous versions
Conn. Kit: another Prime, G2: no restarts.
-------------
Now i opened another Thread regarding Moravia, to poke the responsible parties directly at this massive error.
03-16-2022, 06:42 AM
RE: The calculator restarts repeatedly after the connection kit is connected [...]
This seems to have something to do with memory structures on the Prime HW. After clearing the memory using ON+APPS+Esc, the problem goes away. Restoring the Prime from an on-board backup and opening or refreshing the device in the connection kit will once again trigger a restart.

After creating a number of backup sets, I think I've narrowed it down to programs or customized Apps. I'll have to do some more testing to try to determine which.
03-23-2022, 06:39 AM
RE: Calculator restarts repeatedly after the Conn. Kit is connected to the calculator
(03-16-2022 06:42 AM)john kono Wrote:  This seems to have something to do with memory structures on the Prime HW. After clearing the memory using ON+APPS+Esc, the problem goes away. Restoring the Prime from an on-board backup and opening or refreshing the device in the connection kit will once again trigger a restart.

After creating a number of backup sets, I think I’ve narrowed it down to programs or customized Apps. I’ll have to do some more testing to try to determine which.

As I just stated, this is a very useful observation. Thank you for sharing it.

I’ve been meaning to take a closer look at the G1 I mentioned earlier, but haven’t yet. I should soon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)