Multicalc Update
05-18-2021, 11:02 PM
Multicalc Update
Hi all,

For those using Haralds version of the MultiCalc project for Classic CPU board replacements, there is a new update available at http://www.teenix.org.

The decimal point was not showing properly for the HP-3x models.

cheers

Tony
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2021, 10:52 AM
RE: Multicalc Update
Thanks for the update Tony!

I can't believe this has been overlooked for so long, so I think there were versions that didn't have this issue. I am curious about this, so could users report which version they are running and if the problem exists or not?

Depending on wich version you have, it might be necessary to press the "shift" key while clicking on the "write" button in Tonys PC software.

Cheers,
Harald
05-19-2021, 03:54 PM
I tried HP-34C. Didn't find an issue.
@Tony: It appears only in specific situations?

I think I have the original version running as file dsplab.dat is dated 01.07.2016

About tells me v040118
05-19-2021, 06:34 PM
I have found one calculator with old firmware as well.
This one is displaying the decimal point as decimal and thousands separator. Is that what you have got also?
I guess the plan was to display a space as thousands separator. That plan probably went wrong and we ended up with all spaces.
Tony has fixed that now.
05-19-2021, 06:48 PM

05-19-2021, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2021 07:19 PM by Harald.)

Oh, this is a misunderstanding. This is a problem with the PCB that gets installed in a classic calculator only.

Sorry for the confusion, should have noticed you were talking about the PC emulator in your original post.

Cheers,
Harald
05-19-2021, 11:39 PM
(05-19-2021 10:52 AM)Harald Wrote:  Depending on wich version you have, it might be necessary to press the "shift" key while clicking on the "write" button in Tonys PC software.

Cheers,
Harald

This not required anymore as the type of upgrade is now embedded in the PIC hex file and is sorted automatically during the upgrade process.

cheers

Tony

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)