Some quick questions regarding Drafts
04-25-2021, 02:47 PM
Some quick questions regarding Drafts
Hi, all:

Just some quick questions about the Drafts accessible in the user's control panel:

1) How many can you have ?
2) How long can they be, is there an individual limit or a limit for all ?
3) How long can they persist, are they automatically deleted after a certain time ?
4) If they are automatically deleted after a time, do you get some early warning ?

That's it, thanks in advance and have a good Sunday.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2021, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2021 06:47 AM by BINUBALL.)
RE: Some quick questions regarding Drafts
(04-25-2021 02:47 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  .
Hi, all:

Just some quick questions about the Drafts accessible in the user's control panel:

1) How many can you have ?
2) How long can they be, is there an individual limit or a limit for all ?
3) How long can they persist, are they automatically deleted after a certain time ?
4) If they are automatically deleted after a time, do you get some early warning ?

That's it, thanks in advance and have a good Sunday.

V.

Answer for 2) I tried to paste pi1m.txt (pi 1 million digit) into draft and I got error like this.

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 1000002).

++edit
Answer for 1) There is no problem under 80 saved draft. But I think it is more possible..

S.Korean / HP-50G | fx-570EX | fx-570CW | HP-200LX
04-26-2021, 12:50 PM
(04-26-2021 01:07 AM)BINUBALL Wrote:  Answer for 2) I tried to paste pi1m.txt (pi 1 million digit) into draft and I got error like this.

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:
The message is too long. Please enter a message shorter than 65535 characters (currently 1000002).

++edit
Answer for 1) There is no problem under 80 saved draft. But I think it is more possible..

Thank you very much for your useful answers, BINUBALL, appreciated.

Anyone else for the remaining answers, most especially automatic deletion time limits, if any ?

TIA.
V.

04-26-2021, 12:59 PM
(04-25-2021 02:47 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  3) How long can they persist, are they automatically deleted after a certain time ?

Your questions made me check my User CP and I discovered to my surprise that I have two draft messages saved there, one from January 2018 and one from November 2017. So if there is an auto-deletion process activated, it has not been triggered for me during the last 3 years and 5 months.
Find all posts by this user
04-26-2021, 02:20 PM
I couldn't find any limitations in terms of quantity and duration in the documentation, and didn't see any configuration variables that control those. I would assume that an individual draft may be as long as a message.
04-29-2021, 11:47 AM
Thank you very much, Didier and Dave, for your kind & helpful answers. I'm relieved that drafts aren't likely to be automatically deleted when some time limit expires.

Best regards.
V.

04-29-2021, 12:10 PM
(It is reassuring, but I'd feel nervous about using a draft for long term storage - who knows what might happen, for example with a software update of the forum. My habit would probably be to control-A and control-C and send the text to myself as an email, now and again.)
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)