Why can't I respond to a post in the Articles forum?
03-18-2021, 09:31 PM
Why can't I respond to a post in the Articles forum?
Is this normal?

I wanted to post a comment in https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16007.html but I am unable to

I get a screen that says:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'HP67'

Thanks Smile

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: Why can't I respond to a post in the Articles forum?
(03-18-2021 09:31 PM)HP67 Wrote:  Is this normal?

I wanted to post a comment in https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16007.html but I am unable to

I get a screen that says:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'HP67'

Thanks Smile

It's stated in the rules for that forum, right at the top:

Quote:This forum is intended to allow users to contribute more comprehensive articles than those that are typically found in the general forums, such as advanced programming and repair instructions as well as thoughts about specific calculators or HP calculators in general. Please choose your titles carefully so your information can be easily found.

Please do not ask questions here - it is not possible to reply to the messages in this forum.

Günter
03-20-2021, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-20-2021 02:03 AM by Dave Hicks.)
Gene may have confused you by using his moderator super power. For most people, you'll need to use Private Messages to send comments about articles.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2021, 02:38 AM
No more... I deleted my oops. :-)
Gene
03-22-2021, 12:42 AM
And why can't I have access to nuclear launch codes?
B^)

10B, 10BII, 12C, 14B, 15C, 16C, 17B, 18C, 19BII, 20b, 22, 29C, 35, 38G, 39G, 41CV, 48G, 97
03-22-2021, 04:39 PM
(03-20-2021 02:38 AM)Gene Wrote:  No more... I deleted my oops. :-)
Gene

What was your intermediate warning level?

Wink Günter
03-22-2021, 06:42 PM
(03-22-2021 04:39 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(03-20-2021 02:38 AM)Gene Wrote:  No more... I deleted my oops. :-)
Gene

What was your intermediate warning level?

Wink Günter

Possibly stupid question, but, speaking of warning levels, does everyone have a "Warning Level: 0%" link in their posts that points to their User CP and which they can only see, or am I special? Smile Also, what exactly is the "warning level"? I assume it's nonzero for persons with bad forum behavior?

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
03-22-2021, 07:09 PM
(03-22-2021 06:42 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  Possibly stupid question, but, speaking of warning levels, does everyone have a "Warning Level: 0%" link in their posts that points to their User CP and which they can only see, or am I special? Smile

Wish you were ! Smile Every normal user (i.e., not moderators, super moderators, God-like moderators and the like) has that, me included.

Regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

03-22-2021, 07:36 PM
(03-22-2021 06:42 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  
(03-22-2021 04:39 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  What was your intermediate warning level?

Wink Günter

Possibly stupid question, but, speaking of warning levels, does everyone have a "Warning Level: 0%" link in their posts that points to their User CP and which they can only see, or am I special? Smile Also, what exactly is the "warning level"? I assume it's nonzero for persons with bad forum behavior?

When the moderators get mad at you, they can "award" you warning percentage points. I don't think they do anything except let you know you've been naughty. I got into a nasty fight with a mod once and ended up with Warning Level: 100%, but was still able to use the forum normally... the points expire after a year. Presumably if you get more than 100% something will happen but I never got to that point...
03-22-2021, 08:10 PM
(03-22-2021 07:36 PM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  
(03-22-2021 06:42 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  Possibly stupid question, but, speaking of warning levels, does everyone have a "Warning Level: 0%" link in their posts that points to their User CP and which they can only see, or am I special? Smile Also, what exactly is the "warning level"? I assume it's nonzero for persons with bad forum behavior?

When the moderators get mad at you, they can "award" you warning percentage points. I don't think they do anything except let you know you've been naughty. I got into a nasty fight with a mod once and ended up with Warning Level: 100%, but was still able to use the forum normally... the points expire after a year. Presumably if you get more than 100% something will happen but I never got to that point...

The fight sounds like an interesting read -- perhaps I'll search for it Tongue But, seriously, thanks for the clarification! Smile

Regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
03-22-2021, 10:22 PM
I think a lot of it has been deleted. It wasn't all that interesting. The issue at hand was one that was rather important to me and the mod in question waded into the debate, taking the side that was flat-out wrong. I wasn't going to back down no matter what. In the end I got banned, by that mod; I was later un-banned, but still had that Warning Level: 100%. Since it didn't seem to affect me I never asked to get those points removed, and exactly a year later, they disappeared.

Water under the bridge, but an interesting experience!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)