Scrolling with rev 6030
05-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Scrolling with rev 6030
Scrolling though larger programs in the editor with rev 6030 is annoying.

Just wondering if there might be a chance to find a fix for this soon. I actually went back to rev 5447, and then back again to rev 6030 -- the scrolling speed is like day and night with larger program listings! One solution, of course, is to break a large program into smaller modules, and have more EXPORT calls - - but if we could get back the speed of rev 5447, that would be appreciated!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Scrolling with rev 6030
(05-31-2014 04:57 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  Scrolling though larger programs in the editor with rev 6030 is annoying.

Just wondering if there might be a chance to find a fix for this soon. I actually went back to rev 5447, and then back again to rev 6030 -- the scrolling speed is like day and night with larger program listings! One solution, of course, is to break a large program into smaller modules, and have more EXPORT calls - - but if we could get back the speed of rev 5447, that would be appreciated!

Hi,

How large does the program need to be to notice that difference? I cannot tell, so my programs must be rather small.

Also, by scrolling, do you mean finger scrolling, or arrow scrolling in soft menu [Page] key?

A.
05-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi,

Both methods are quite a bit slower.

The program should span a couple pages to notice the difference. Also, CAS programs (whether initiated on the command line, or with the checkbox) display differently in that, for example, IF .. THEN .. ELSE constructs are arranged all on one line (horizontally), and that scrolling to some item off the screen (to the right) takes some patience as well.
06-01-2014, 05:59 PM
This was also the subject of fablab48's angry complaint a day or two ago. I agree with Helge. With the new firmware, page up/down while editing larger programs became slower and much less usable. At least there is buffering so you can touch the arrow 10 or 15 times and wait about 10 seconds for the editor to catch up and display the appropriate page.

The scrolling was actually slow for larger programs with rev 5447 and I've formed no opinion of whether it's gotten worse or not.

The program I'm working on is about 70 calculator pages. I forget how big it got before I noticed the slow scrolling in 5447. I was just about done with it, but it's now on life support due to undocumented changes in the Wait(-1) command. I'm very frustrated by 6330/6331 and discouraged from spending my time programming in an unstable, partially documented environment.
06-05-2014, 05:15 PM
RE: Scrolling and Flicker with rev 6030
I don't want to complain too much, but I do want to add this little observation:

Screen flickering also seems to have increased. Just scroll around (with arrows, or moving the finger up/down) inside the list editor on long lists (say 30 rows or so).
06-05-2014, 06:08 PM
(06-05-2014 05:15 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  I don't want to complain too much, but I do want to add this little observation:

Screen flickering also seems to have increased. Just scroll around (with arrows, or moving the finger up/down) inside the list editor on long lists (say 30 rows or so).

ON+Symb seems to calm down the flicker sometimes (when it goes mad and white horizontal lines start to appear).

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 07:18 PM
For some reasons, I have no problem with scrolling in the new firmware. My large programs scrolls as fast as they did in previous versions. Ok... scrolling wasn't fast to begin with in past firmwares, but right now it's nowhere as severe as reported by other people.

-Dream of Omnimaga
https://djomnimaga.music-2000.com
06-05-2014, 07:56 PM
(06-05-2014 06:08 PM)eried Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 05:15 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  I don't want to complain too much, but I do want to add this little observation:

ON+Symb seems to calm down the flicker sometimes (when it goes mad and white horizontal lines start to appear).

Thanks for the tip - - although On+Symb is a little drastic.
06-05-2014, 08:03 PM
(06-05-2014 07:56 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote:  Thanks for the tip - - although On+Symb is a little drastic.

Certainly but it is only when the horizontal lines start to pop (not very often in my device).

My website: erwin.ried.cl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)