Thread Closed 
To the forum admins
06-02-2014, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 08:41 AM by fhub.)
To the forum admins
Please completely remove the following thread opened by me:
http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1504.html
(I can't do it because it's closed by a moderator).

At the same time please delete my account here, I don't want to be a member of such a forum any longer.

Franz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 04:45 PM by Dave Hicks.)
RE: To the forum admins
Well this has been a strange sequence of events. Let's review:

You posted a link to a manual that you had altered. Walter asked for a Moderator to be a copyright judge. A moderator came along and mostly sided with you. I also thought it seemed reasonable to ASSUME that a manual included with a GPL'd package was GPL'd if not otherwise marked. (Though I am not a lawyer and GPL typically confuses me.) Some others disagreed. I was going to suggest that the best thing to do in such cases is ask permission. I've asked permission for things which were GPL'd and the response has usually been: sure – great – thanks for asking!

We shut down the thread when the legal back and forth was getting nowhere and more of these strange personality/nationality type references started appearing.

I would think that from your standpoint, things had gone reasonably well.

But you threw a fit and asked that your account be closed, and you deleted all the posts you ever made. This caused me to be curious and start looking at your old posts and I discovered that you had asked for permission more than a month ago and were denied. And so… you did it anyway. Now that might have been a valid strategy if you had carefully worked out the details with your lawyer, but instead it was presented here in a public forum where a bunch of non-lawyers got to debate the topic with varying degrees of prior information, legal knowledge, assumptions etc. I don’t see how you could have expected a reaction any different than what you received.

It does sound like you should take a break from this forum. We are here to talk about calculators, not to fight your legal battles for you.
06-03-2014, 06:53 PM
You have more patience than me Dave. Now that I know it's OK to be tired of pettiness. I'll just delete first and think about it later, and I'll peruse by name of known perps.

Even forgetting name calling, there has been a bump in lack-of-civility lately. Although it was never bad here; this is the place that is supposed to be a vacation from internet nastiness. The engineers disease is no excuse.

Anyone wanting to talk about an offensive post, in addition to (or instead of) "reporting" it is welcome to PM me.

Here, of all places. SMH
Find all posts by this user
06-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Is this not the 100th time this forum member has said he is leaving the forum forever?

But what do I know? I remember very well the day he explained to me how I know nothing about HP calculators (which may very well be true but was rude anyway ;-)
06-03-2014, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 08:18 PM by aurelio.)
Wink RE: To the forum admins
Hi all, I was looking for the new posts, when I found this thread.
I read Dave's comment but actually i've not well understood what happened, infact the post was really deleted....what's going on?
06-03-2014, 08:24 PM
(06-03-2014 08:18 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Hi all, I was looking for the new posts, when I found this thread.
I read Dave's comment but actually i've not well understood what happened, infact the post was really deleted....what's going on?

Don't ask... or everything will be replayed once more.
Go on, never mind.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
(06-03-2014 08:24 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Don't ask... or everything will be replayed once more.
Go on, never mind.

Did I tell you I like you Massimo... Well now I did in any case.

Thanks for the wise reply (as in wisdom, not as in wise-guy).

--Bob Prosperi
06-03-2014, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 09:12 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
Thumbs Up RE: To the forum admins
(06-03-2014 08:43 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 08:24 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Don't ask... or everything will be replayed once more.
Go on, never mind.

Did I tell you I like you Massimo... Well now I did in any case.

Thanks for the wise reply (as in wisdom, not as in wise-guy).

Much obliged Bob.
Thank you.

P.S. I didn't notice "Post Icons"... now I do ;)

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
06-03-2014, 09:21 PM
(06-03-2014 08:24 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 08:18 PM)aurelio Wrote:  Hi all, I was looking for the new posts, when I found this thread.

Don't ask... or everything will be replayed once more.
Go on, never mind.
Understood, AMEN
06-04-2014, 01:53 AM
I'd like to point out that fhub, who keeps hanging out here and PMing me in spite of repeatedly leaving forever, thinks it's critical for everyone to know that he asked for permission for a version of the document with a rev number 0.1 different than the one he used. This may indeed be an interesting distinction to a lawyer but it brings me back to my earlier comment:

(06-03-2014 04:41 PM)Dave Hicks Wrote:  We are here to talk about calculators, not to fight your legal battles for you.

And, of course, if he really wanted everyone to be able to see the details of his issue, he obviously shouldn't have gone and deleted all of his posts yesterday (except for the one requesting the account deletion.)

I've decided to help fhub with his goal to stay away with a ban for a couple of months. After a cool down, perhaps he will return, or perhaps he will decide that this is not the forum for him.
06-04-2014, 06:15 AM
(06-03-2014 06:53 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  You have more patience than me Dave. Now that I know it's OK to be tired of pettiness. I'll just delete first and think about it later, and I'll peruse by name of known perps.

Yes, I see you've already done some cleaning. Thank you.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)