HP50G - Filer VIEW Function
05-13-2020, 02:21 AM
HP50G - Filer VIEW Function
Hi everyone,

Just wondering which function is invoked when you press the VIEW menu button within the FILER on a HP50G?

Thanks,

Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2020, 03:11 AM
RE: HP50G - Filer VIEW Function
I'm not certain what the internal SysRPL command(s) is/are, but you can access the same function using the F2 key in the TOOL menu. This will show you the same view of the object on the bottom of the stack as you would see if you used VIEW in Filer.

But if you want to use that feature in a program, I can't say what the equivalent RPL command would be.

--Bob Prosperi
05-13-2020, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 03:14 AM by Joe Horn.)
(05-13-2020 02:21 AM)Michael Lopez Wrote:  Just wondering which function is invoked when you press the VIEW menu button within the FILER on a HP50G?

I'm pretty sure it's the SCROLL command. The VIEW soft key in the TOOL menu is the same as DUP SCROLL, and VIEW in the FILER seems to do the same thing.

EDIT: Bob beat me to the punch with TOOL VIEW. Smile

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-13-2020, 03:53 AM
Thanks Bob & Joe. SCROLL is indeed the command I was after.

Cheers,

Michael
05-13-2020, 12:59 PM
(05-13-2020 03:13 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 02:21 AM)Michael Lopez Wrote:  Just wondering which function is invoked when you press the VIEW menu button within the FILER on a HP50G?

I'm pretty sure it's the SCROLL command. The VIEW soft key in the TOOL menu is the same as DUP SCROLL, and VIEW in the FILER seems to do the same thing.

EDIT: Bob beat me to the punch with TOOL VIEW. Smile

Lucky timing... Wink

I could not recall how to extract the commands from a built-in menu assignment - how do you do that?

--Bob Prosperi
05-13-2020, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2020 10:53 PM by Joe Horn.)
(05-13-2020 12:59 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I could not recall how to extract the commands from a built-in menu assignment - how do you do that?

I keep the following tiny SysRPL program assigned to the right-shift-and-hold F1 key:
:: BINT1 GETPROC x->RAM ;
With this assignment, in USER mode, pressing right-shift-and-hold F1 pushes whatever is in the soft menu of F1 to the stack. Change BINT1 to BINT2 for the F2 assignment, and so on, through BINT6 for the F6 assignment.

This lets you easily obtain the SysRPL program which is executed when TOOL VIEW is pressed. Of course, NOSY is a great tool to explore that program, which looks like this:
:: TakeOver ' :: PTR 79E9A PTR 2B8AA ; FPTR 2 0 ;
Since FPTR 2 0 means "execute this in Bank 2", we need to use Nosy to explore 2:#79E9Ah, which contains the SysRPL command ViewObject, which is the heart of the User RPL command SCROLL.

Piece of cake. Big Grin

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)