Sharing with virtual calculators
03-22-2020, 04:22 PM
Sharing with virtual calculators
Is there a way to share settings and applications with virtual calculators?

In addition to a hardware Prime, I have both the macOS and iOS app, but I can't figurer out how to get my customizations (state, apps, variables, etc.) from my hardware to either of the software apps, or the other way round.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: Sharing with virtual calculators
You can backup one of your Prime devices (real or virtual) and restore to another device, which should move all settings, Apps, programs, variables, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
03-22-2020, 06:22 PM
(03-22-2020 06:17 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  You can backup one of your Prime devices (real or virtual) and restore to another device, which should move all settings, Apps, programs, variables, etc.

I can get that to work with the macOS version, but don't see how its done with the iOS version.
03-22-2020, 06:29 PM
(03-22-2020 06:22 PM)Orome Wrote:  I can get that to work with the macOS version, but don't see how its done with the iOS version.

I don't have an iOS anything, so can't specifically answer that, but generally speaking, you need to connect a Prime device (real or virtual) to the CK, and use the CK backup/restore features. I'd assume it's the same with the iOS Prime, but can't say for certain.

--Bob Prosperi
03-23-2020, 03:52 PM
rprosperi Wrote:  I don't have an iOS anything, so can't specifically answer that, but generally speaking, you need to connect a Prime device (real or virtual) to the CK...

Any thoughts generally on how I'd do that with the iOS app? The app doesn't "connect" to macOS where the CK is running in any way that I can see. (It might not be supported.)
03-23-2020, 04:13 PM
(03-23-2020 03:52 PM)Orome Wrote:  
rprosperi Wrote:  I don't have an iOS anything, so can't specifically answer that, but generally speaking, you need to connect a Prime device (real or virtual) to the CK...

Any thoughts generally on how I'd do that with the iOS app? The app doesn't "connect" to macOS where the CK is running in any way that I can see. (It might not be supported.)

I have the Android Prime Pro app and the CK running on Windows, but I think the procedures are the same on iOS and macOS.

On the CK, access preferences and make sure:

Enable Network is checked
mDns is checked
The Network Name field has some value (I think default is "HP-Classroom")

On the Prime Pro app, from the menu, access Calculator > Connect to
and fill in the same name as the network name specified on the CK.

When I do this, my Android Prime Pro app immediately appears in the CK when I start the app.

hth

--Bob Prosperi
03-23-2020, 04:24 PM
(03-23-2020 04:13 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I have the Android Prime Pro app and the CK running on Windows, but I think the procedures are the same on iOS and macOS....

Yes, wow, that works! I swear I did just that before and didn't see any network, but there it is.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)