AA Classic battery pack?
12-26-2019, 09:15 PM
AA Classic battery pack?
Does anybody make/sell Classic battery packs that accept 3 rechargeable AAs, or perhaps even 4/5A? There are some very nice AAA packs that work very well, and still give you more usable life than the original AA NiCds, but the flat-top AA Woodstock packs have me a bit spoiled with their absurd battery life. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: AA Classic battery pack?
There are plenty of them available on eBay, which is where I got mine for the HP35:

See here

NB: I have no affiliation to any of the sellers featuring in the search results.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Find all posts by this user
12-26-2019, 11:05 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm looking for something where the cells can be easily removed and popped into a modern NiMH charger (and immediately replaced with a charged standby set). Do any of those packs allow for that? I can't quite tell from looking at the pictures.
12-26-2019, 11:35 PM
Search for "battery case" instead of "battery pack".
NI-MH battery case
Alkaline battery case
I bought one of his cases, and I am satisfied with the product Smile

Jean-Charles
12-26-2019, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2019 11:38 PM by mfleming.)
I have the rechargeable battery pack from seller waterhosko in that link above. It holds three AAA Eneloops that can easily be replaced. He has two versions, one that comes with alkaline batteries included and another with NiMH cells. I'm quite satisfied with it.

Edit: Helix beat me to it Smile

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
12-27-2019, 12:34 AM
(12-26-2019 11:37 PM)mfleming Wrote:  I have the rechargeable battery pack from seller waterhosko in that link above. It holds three AAA Eneloops that can easily be replaced. He has two versions, one that comes with alkaline batteries included and another with NiMH cells. I'm quite satisfied with it.

Edit: Helix beat me to it Smile

Yup, I have a couple of those; they're lovely! I just wish they were manufactured with tighter margins so I could fit AAs in them for 2-3x the run time. Smile

Maybe I should go totally overboard and build a little outboard pack that takes C or D cells, in case I need to work through a direct flight to Sydney on a single charge. Wink
12-27-2019, 12:43 AM
(12-26-2019 11:05 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm looking for something where the cells can be easily removed and popped into a modern NiMH charger (and immediately replaced with a charged standby set). Do any of those packs allow for that? I can't quite tell from looking at the pictures.

Apologies, I misunderstood.

Those cases posted by Helix look great. I'm going to order a couple of them and get myself some NiMH AAA cells to shove in them.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
12-27-2019, 02:26 AM
(12-27-2019 12:43 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Those cases posted by Helix look great. I'm going to order a couple of them and get myself some NiMH AAA cells to shove in them.

They really are excellent. I've got one in my 80 and one in my 65 (and a dozen more AAA Eneloops in the mail right now). If anybody ever comes up with a AA version, you can bet I'll buy a couple

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)