HP Prime
11-06-2019, 06:41 AM
HP Prime
Hey guys,

I have recently been wanting to buy an HP prime but I couldn't find a lot of tutorials online on how to use the calculator. On the other hand TI calculators are not my favorites but a lot of people use them making it less of a hassle to learn how to use them. What are your opinions?
Is this website sufficient to help with any problem regarding Hp prime in case I decide to buy one?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: HP Prime
There is actually a lot of help built into the calculator, but we would be glad to answer any questions.

We actually have the author of the CAS and folks from HP that post here.
11-06-2019, 03:47 PM
I completely agree with KeithB. The built in help function on the calculator is fantastic and there are plenty of well experienced members here to help with whatever problems you encounter. From my personal experience, learning to use the HP Prime was about the same difficulty as learning how to use my TI-84 Plus CE for the first time.

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2019, 07:56 PM
I think that there is a lot of information about using the calculator, so much that it could be overwhelming to see it all compiled, what I can assure you is that it is very intuitive, you can go to Help on the go and it will give you help depending on what you are doing (it is an amazing help). I highly recommend this calculator for its easy compression. (as long as you don't want CAS to solve your life)

Viga C | TD | FB
11-06-2019, 10:38 PM
(11-06-2019 03:04 PM)KeithB Wrote:  There is actually a lot of help built into the calculator, but we would be glad to answer any questions.

We actually have the author of the CAS and folks from HP that post here.

Yeah, the help facility is a great reference- if you know what you're looking for! Total beginners don't even have an idea of what the calculator is capable of doing. They need online tutorials that show them techniques, tricks, hidden capabilities as well as answering elementary questions like, "What do all the icons mean? How do I even turn on this thing?"
TI tutorials abound. HP tutorials are fewer (Eddie Shore, you are a shining light in the darkness!) I love my Prime but TI definitely has the edge as far as training goes.

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-07-2019, 04:38 AM
Does it mean that HP prime can't do CAS at all?
11-07-2019, 05:11 AM
(11-07-2019 04:38 AM)hazimrassam Wrote:  Does it mean that HP prime can't do CAS at all?

Yes, Prime can do CAS. It does it very well but it can't think for you. Sometimes (as with any CAS) you have to know what constitutes a reasonable answer ahead of time in order to interpret the output.

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-07-2019, 05:14 AM
(11-07-2019 04:38 AM)hazimrassam Wrote:  Does it mean that HP prime can't do CAS at all?

You should try one by yourself, either software or hardware, and then come back here with your specific questions.
11-07-2019, 06:30 AM
(11-06-2019 06:41 AM)hazimrassam Wrote:  Hey guys,

I have recently been wanting to buy an HP prime but I couldn't find a lot of tutorials online on how to use the calculator. On the other hand TI calculators are not my favorites but a lot of people use them making it less of a hassle to learn how to use them. What are your opinions?
Is this website sufficient to help with any problem regarding Hp prime in case I decide to buy one?

If you have not found it yet, there is a sub-heading "Important Threads",
and again an thread "HP-Prime: Documentation & Tutorials ".
Please try to read the first post (warning: will take some time!),
and then read your questions again. Maybe you found answers for yourself.
11-07-2019, 07:22 PM
If you want to try it before you buy it, you can download the free virtual calculator:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/..._10_16.exe

Viga C | TD | FB

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)