Is wall adapter included with HP Prime G2?
10-06-2019, 01:11 AM
Is wall adapter included with HP Prime G2?
Hi, I recently posted my unboxing of my HP Prime G2 and I just noticed one thing I don't remember being in the box was a wall adapter to charge the calculator. I didn't think about it at the time because I charged it from my laptop. I just wanted to double check that I'm not crazy and that a wall adapter wasn't included in the box? I ordered my calculator from the Netherlands, do the ones sold in the USA contain a wall adapter?

Cemetech | YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2019, 01:17 AM
RE: Is wall adapter included with HP Prime G2?
I believe that the one I got from best buy had a us spec adapter.
The other from the Netherlands did not.
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2019, 01:25 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019 01:25 AM by victorvbc.)
Mine from Oxford Educational Supplies didn't come with an adapter either. It did include the Prime to Prime transfer cable though.
10-06-2019, 01:28 AM
It comes in 2 pieces that you have to put together for it to work in the wall outlet...
10-06-2019, 01:52 AM
Primes sold in USA do include a charger and USB cable, but I believe for ROW only the USB cable is included. From above comments, this seems true for units bought in most (all?) of Europe, but I've no idea about in other markets such as Singapore, China, etc.

--Bob Prosperi
10-06-2019, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019 02:29 AM by TheLastMillennial.)
OK, so I'm not crazy! Tongue
Thank you for clearing this up guys!

Cemetech | YouTube
10-06-2019, 04:55 PM
(10-06-2019 02:21 AM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  OK, so I'm not crazy! Tongue

Who says? Smile

Tom L
Cui bono?
10-06-2019, 05:29 PM
I think this is a carry over from all the mobile phones that used to come with different plugs and power supplies, there was some sort of EU directive to reduce waste saying that they had to be chargeable with a standard usb lead/power supply. and because they were standard power supplies were not always supplied and in many product were expensive optional extras.
10-06-2019, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2019 07:43 PM by striegel.)
AC adapter is included with HP Prime G2 bought at Best Buy in USA
(10-06-2019 01:28 AM)zeno333 Wrote:  It comes in 2 pieces that you have to put together for it to work in the wall outlet...
Here you can see the packaging from inside the back where the wall outlet prongs are separated from the transformer portion.

10-09-2019, 06:40 AM
The HP Prime G2 I got from Amazon UK didn't include a wall adapter, only a micro USB A - B cable and a micro USB B - standard USB A cable.
Why didn't they just include a micro-B to standard-A and a micro-B to micro-B cable, then add USB OTG capability to the calculator? My Prime's AB port feels loose......
10-09-2019, 09:24 AM
(10-09-2019 06:40 AM)ddd Wrote:  The HP Prime G2 I got from Amazon UK didn't include a wall adapter, only a micro USB A - B cable and a micro USB B - standard USB A cable.
Why didn't they just include a micro-B to standard-A and a micro-B to micro-B cable, then add USB OTG capability to the calculator? My Prime's AB port feels loose......

Becuase the USB spec says that is the correct one to use.... and the adapters unfortunately cost about 3x the price of the cable...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
10-11-2019, 03:40 AM
(10-09-2019 09:24 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(10-09-2019 06:40 AM)ddd Wrote:  The HP Prime G2 I got from Amazon UK didn't include a wall adapter, only a micro USB A - B cable and a micro USB B - standard USB A cable.

Because the USB spec says that is the correct one to use.... and the adapters unfortunately cost about 3x the price of the cable...
Theoretically, could a USB C port have worked on the calculator in place of micro USB even if the calculator doesn't support USB 3 speeds?

Cemetech | YouTube
10-11-2019, 01:06 PM
(10-11-2019 03:40 AM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  Theoretically, could a USB C port have worked on the calculator in place of micro USB even if the calculator doesn't support USB 3 speeds?

USB C connectors can be on devices that run at USB 2.0 speeds, but in this case, the Prime predates USB C, so it wasn't even an option.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)