(41CV) Fix at Sea
07-14-2019, 03:04 PM
(41CV) Fix at Sea
An extract from A Step Forward In the Methods of Getting a Fix at Sea, Lt. (RNA) (H) Vicente MAESTRE GIMENO, International Hydrographie Review, Monaco, LX1I (2), July 1985 (pgs. 121-134)

ABSTRACT
This paper deals with a method of computing a set of astronomical observations to two or more stars without requiring a knowledge of the approximate geographical position of the observer in order to obtain a fix. Programmes for use with the Hewlett-Packard HP 41/CV calculator and in BASIC language are included. The author also describes an extended application of the method to processing observations made by “radio sextants” to provide twenty-four-hour continuous positioning offshore without recourse to radio, satellite, or inertial positioning systems.

In the programmable calculator
HP 41/CV in which previously we have loaded the program by means of the corresponding cards …
Once these data have been entered, following the program, we get …
We enter the data once again in the
HP41/CV calculator …

This paper is intended at present for yachtsmen; however, when electronic development is completed, the principles involved could be a useful tool for navigators, surveyors …

HP 41/CV Calculator Program
…[/i]

Replete w/ explanations, definitions, illustrations, equations, examples, flowcharts & listing(s):

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2019, 04:42 PM
RE: (41CV) Fix at Sea
(07-14-2019 03:04 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  An extract from A Step Forward In the Methods of Getting a Fix at Sea, Lt. (RNA) (H) Vicente MAESTRE GIMENO, International Hydrographie Review, Monaco, LX1I (2), July 1985 (pgs. 121-134)

HP 41/CV Calculator Program
…[/i][/size]

Replete w/ explanations, definitions, illustrations, equations, examples, flowcharts & listing(s):

BEST!
SlideRule

Great!! Thank you for finding this treasures. I started my planned navigation program this weekend and I hope the next weekend the Beta is ready cause in 3 weeks i need it. So I'll share it then on my original posting.

The Simulation of the HP41 navi programs is shifted to autumn cause I have to dig deeper in this codes.

regards Erwin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)