Possible attachment bug...
05-19-2019, 04:16 PM
Question Possible attachment bug...
I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan

Aeternitas modo est. Longa non est, paene nil.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2019, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019 04:22 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: Possible attachment bug...
(05-19-2019 04:16 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Often (always?) when previewing a message, attached photos do not appear, yet are there and will be visible when you complete the post. Can't say if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it's been this way forever.

Also, after you browse and select a file to attach, you must click the "Add Attachment" button to complete the process, else it doesn't register.

--Bob Prosperi
05-19-2019, 04:25 PM
(05-19-2019 04:21 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-19-2019 04:16 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I've noticed that when I create or edit my posts and I've included an attachment, when I click preview, the attachment disappears and needs to be selected in a file dialog again. Is this a bug in the forum code? Has anyone else experienced this same problem?

Often (always?) when previewing a message, attached photos do not appear, yet are there and will be visible when you complete the post. Can't say if this is a bug or intended behavior, but it's been this way forever.

I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about inline photos or anything like that, but just, say, a zip file. If I attach a zip file and then preview my post, the editor indicates that there is no longer an attachment. If I then post the message that was previewed, without selecting the attachment again, then there will be no attachment in the message.

Regards,

Jonathan

05-19-2019, 04:27 PM
(05-19-2019 04:25 PM)Jonathan Busby Wrote:  I should have been more clear. I'm not talking about inline photos or anything like that, but just, say, a zip file. If I attach a zip file and then preview my post, the editor indicates that there is no longer an attachment. If I then post the message that was previewed, without selecting the attachment again, then there will be no attachment in the message.

See the additional comment I added; I thought I added it quickly enough, but seems you were quicker

--Bob Prosperi
05-19-2019, 04:34 PM
(05-19-2019 04:21 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Also, after you browse and select a file to attach, you must click the "Add Attachment" button to complete the process, else it doesn't register.

That seems to do the trick Big Grin I completely overlooked it Smile

Thanks and regards,

Jonathan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)