HP Prime G2 for $100
04-17-2019, 03:13 AM
HP Prime G2 for $100
https://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=13020448&s...D743398405
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2019, 12:40 PM
RE: HP Prime G2 for $100
Looks like $118.00, unless you're a member...

smp
04-17-2019, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2019 10:21 PM by Anders.)
Yes and "membership" is a simple as registering at the site = give you name, address and email before you put the calculator in your cart. You need to do this anyway to get buy and ship anything from any online store. So no real restriction or complication compared to buying at BestBuy or Amazon.

I did it yesterday and ordered one for $99 plus tax with free shipping in the US!

The deal (the $18 off coupon) is only valid until end of day today (4/17) I think, so you need to pull the trigger today.

I bought one for my youngest son Smile
04-17-2019, 04:32 PM
Is this the first confirmed sighting of a G2 in a US (online) store?

— Ian Abbott
04-17-2019, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2019 05:27 PM by Jlouis.)
(04-17-2019 03:13 AM)hewlpac Wrote:  https://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=13020448&s...D743398405

No HP Prime for me. Maybe because I'm in Brazil?

I'd like to buy one.
04-17-2019, 10:20 PM
(04-17-2019 04:32 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  Is this the first confirmed sighting of a G2 in a US (online) store?

yep as far as I know it is the first sighting and 99$ +tax with free shipping is not bad - not bad at all. Also US warranty and support....
04-17-2019, 11:17 PM
I tried to become a "member" but it kept giving me a runaround and would not let me register. I'm not going to pay their non-member price so I will wait till the G2 is available from a reputable dealer.
04-18-2019, 01:23 AM
(04-17-2019 05:26 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  
(04-17-2019 03:13 AM)hewlpac Wrote:  https://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=13020448&s...D743398405

No HP Prime for me. Maybe because I'm in Brazil?

I'd like to buy one.

No HP Prime g2 for Brazil

[Image: k23194014.jpg]
04-18-2019, 03:18 AM
(04-17-2019 03:44 PM)Anders Wrote:  I did it yesterday and ordered one for $99 plus tax with free shipping in the US!

I bought one for my youngest son Smile

When you receive it, please check that the pkg. states that it is intended for sale in USA and report here in the Forum.

Although I agree this sounds like a very good deal, there is a chance these units are grey market and simply being sold by an American website; this would mean warranty and support from HP would not be covered. For nearly all units the likelihood of needing warranty support is very low, but it still would be nice to know.

--Bob Prosperi
04-19-2019, 08:08 PM
I received mine today. Haven't opened it yet.
It appears to be the model # of the G2 2AP18AA#B1K and has the newer keyboard color scheme.
Do not see any indication as to where it is intended to be sold.
The security ID tag say Latin America - J8.
It this it? Where should I look if not?
04-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Maybe because I'm in Brazil?
You’ll be comforted to know they won’t despatch to the UK either.
What about the ‘special relationship’ or perhaps it’s Brexit!

Denny Tuckerman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2019, 10:59 PM
(04-19-2019 08:08 PM)mwthomasjr Wrote:  The security ID tag say Latin America - J8.
It this it? Where should I look if not?

Yes, that's it. That means that specific Prime kit was sold to some distributor in LA, intended to be sold exclusively in LA, and that it's warranty (which is encoded in the serial number) is only valid to customers living in, and seeking warranty support from, HP in LA (I don't know where the LA office is).

So the devices sold by that seller are indeed grey-market, meaning some LA distributor sold them to someone in USA possibly because either they were not selling well in LA, or possibly because they sell at a much higher price there, so he could sell them here for the same price.

All that said, it probably doesn't matter much, since, statistically speaking, the Prime is well-built with very few failures, and your need for warranty support is unlikely. So, it's a great deal to get a G2 for $100. Enjoy it!! Big Grin

--Bob Prosperi
05-05-2019, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2019 07:35 AM by lschroeder1947.)
(04-17-2019 12:40 PM)smp Wrote:  Looks like $118.00, unless you're a member...

smp
They are now $119 whether a member or not. I bought one with a now expired site coupon for a little over $100. The G2 Tree key shows it as a model D. I bought to test my site, Prime Academy | Learning Center with its use.

I used the HP Connectivity Kit to upgraded the OS and install a backup of my PC emulator. See image below. I am in the process of using the PC emulator and Microsoft Onenote to make YouTube videos that aid your understanding and improve your problem solving skills for Finite Math.

I used the PC emulator backup to restore the G2. Used the Home Setting to set the name to G2. This method allowed me to quickly load the CAS Vars showed in the image below.

I needed a way to individually load complicated nested CAS Vars. Method works with simple CAS Vars as well. I use CAS Vars for short, powerful, nested programs as they work on all versions of the HP Prime: iPhone and iPad Lite / Pro App; Android phone and tablet Free / Pro App; PC and Mac emulators; as well as on all the different versions of the physical calculators. I used the G2 to create the shell CAS Vars program and sent it to the HP Connectivity Kit. Copied, rename, and edited its name, parameter list, and code. Clicked disk icon to sent back to the G2. Same technique work for G1 as well. See attachment, be sure to backup your calculator first.

[Edit 05/06/2019 - After using the HP Connectivity Kit to create a new CAS Var, use your G2 or G1 to delete the shell program and use purge(shell) from the command line to eliminate the CAS Var shell. Use the new HP Connectivity Kit CAS Var as your model to copy, rename, edit and save back to your G2 or G1 any additional CAS Vars.

Note: Creating Vars with a program requires two steps to delete the Vars. Look at this YouTube video for more details about creating CAS Vars.

More information about Prime Academy | Learning Center can be found at this thread.]

[Image: hp_connectivity_sm.gif]

Attached File(s)
.zip  HP_Connectivity_CAS_Vars_bkup.zip (Size: 23.93 KB / Downloads: 6)
05-07-2019, 08:04 PM
(04-18-2019 01:23 AM)Jlouis Wrote:  
(04-17-2019 05:26 PM)Jlouis Wrote:  No HP Prime for me. Maybe because I'm in Brazil?

I'd like to buy one.

No HP Prime g2 for Brazil

[Image: k23194014.jpg]

Buying the HP Prime Pro app for smartphones in Brazil is better than buying the physical calculator.
In Brazilian market, the graphing calculators cost more than 300 BRL if new. The HP Prime Pro app costs 70 BRL, or using the free Windows simulator.
05-10-2019, 12:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2019 04:35 PM by lschroeder1947.)
I put a youtube video on Prime Academy | Learning Center to explain process of adding complicated nested CAS Vars to my new G2 using HP Connectivity Kit backup / restore or using copy and paste to a CAS Vars program file. Directly typing CAS Vars for complicated nested CAS Vars was too error prone. Methods shown work for simpler CAS Vars and older handhelds models.

I like CAS Vars because they are a good way to add functions / commands to Free / Lite iOS, Android, and Windows Apps models plus they work on all HP Prime devices.

(05-05-2019 03:06 PM)lschroeder1947 Wrote:  They are now $119 whether a member or not. I bought one with a now expired site coupon for a little over $100. The G2 Tree key shows it as a model D. I bought to test my site, Prime Academy | Learning Center with its use.

I used the HP Connectivity Kit to upgraded the OS and install a backup of my PC emulator. See image below. I am in the process of using the PC emulator and Microsoft Onenote to make YouTube videos that aid your understanding and improve your problem solving skills for Finite Math.

I used the PC emulator backup to restore the G2. Used the Home Setting to set the name to G2. This method allowed me to quickly load the CAS Vars showed in the image below.

I needed a way to individually load complicated nested CAS Vars. Method works with simple CAS Vars as well. I use CAS Vars for short, powerful, nested programs as they work on all versions of the HP Prime: iPhone and iPad Lite / Pro App; Android phone and tablet Free / Pro App; PC and Mac emulators; as well as on all the different versions of the physical calculators. I used the G2 to create the shell CAS Vars program and sent it to the HP Connectivity Kit. Copied, rename, and edited its name, parameter list, and code. Clicked disk icon to sent back to the G2. Same technique work for G1 as well. See attachment, be sure to backup your calculator first.

[Edit 05/06/2019 - After using the HP Connectivity Kit to create a new CAS Var, use your G2 or G1 to delete the shell program and use purge(shell) from the command line to eliminate the CAS Var shell. Use the new HP Connectivity Kit CAS Var as your model to copy, rename, edit and save back to your G2 or G1 any additional CAS Vars.

Note: Creating Vars with a program requires two steps to delete the Vars. Look at this YouTube video for more details about creating CAS Vars.

More information about Prime Academy | Learning Center can be found at this thread.]

[Image: hp_connectivity_sm.gif]

Attached File(s)
.zip  HP_Connectivity_CAS_Vars_bkup.zip (Size: 23.93 KB / Downloads: 2)
05-11-2019, 05:55 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2019 05:57 AM by Anders.)
yep I got my G2 a few weeks back no problem for $100!
It does indeed have a LATM code.
Interestingly everything is in English, packaging, manuals etc.
So the only thing that gives it away is a miniscule LATM code on the back.
I can live with that Smile

This was an awesome deal!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)