Expansion not working
04-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Expansion not working
Hello. I am trying to use expand(rref(<some augmented matrix for LRC circuit>)) and the result is rational with polynomials in the numerator and denominator. When I copy the result and paste, then factor, the polynomial is factored but the partial fraction expansion returns an ugly fourth degree polynomial for something that should be second degree. Is there something I'm missing, or another command. My professor uses the TI Nspire and he said expand(rref should work. Is there an analogue to TI's expand for Prime?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2019, 02:36 AM
RE: Expansion not working
Please provide a complete example showing what you want to enter and what to expect as a result else people probably won't be able to help much. Smile

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
04-02-2019, 05:33 AM
Try partfrac
04-02-2019, 11:42 AM
(04-01-2019 06:22 PM)borao Wrote:  Hello. I am trying to use expand(rref(<some augmented matrix for LRC circuit>)) and the result is rational with polynomials in the numerator and denominator. When I copy the result and paste, then factor, the polynomial is factored but the partial fraction expansion returns an ugly fourth degree polynomial for something that should be second degree. Is there something I'm missing, or another command. My professor uses the TI Nspire and he said expand(rref should work. Is there an analogue to TI's expand for Prime?

Could you please share an example of the expression ?
So long,

Aries Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)