the Go 32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed
01-13-2019, 07:36 PM
the Go 32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed
Anyone know why the Go32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed when looking at the full program listing at Google play for Olivier De Smet? I got them a few months back on my phone, but am curious why they are no lonegr listed in the page with all of his apps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-13-2019, 08:31 PM
RE: the Go 32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed
(01-13-2019 07:36 PM)zeno333 Wrote:  Anyone know why the Go32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed when looking at the full program listing at Google play for Olivier De Smet? I got them a few months back on my phone, but am curious why they are no lonegr listed in the page with all of his apps.

I can still see them right now...

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-13-2019, 09:45 PM
I just checked again, and they still do not show up for me...Strange...
01-13-2019, 10:56 PM
(01-13-2019 09:45 PM)zeno333 Wrote:  I just checked again, and they still do not show up for me...Strange...

What version of Android are you using? The store is supposed to automatically filter the apps you can see, based on which apps will work on your device. Olivier recently posted a comment that he was in the process of updating his full line of Goxxx apps; maybe the updated versions are no longer compatible.

I'm using v8.0.0 and I can see all 3 of these apps.

Update: Go34c was last updated in 2014 so probably not the case...

--Bob Prosperi
01-13-2019, 11:36 PM
(01-13-2019 07:36 PM)zeno333 Wrote:  Anyone know why the Go32C, Go33C, and Go34C are no longer listed when looking at the full program listing at Google play for Olivier De Smet? I got them a few months back on my phone, but am curious why they are no lonegr listed in the page with all of his apps.

Key phase above is "when looking at full program listing at Google Play for Olivier De Smet".

If I search for each program, it turns up. But... if I click on Olivier De Smet's name, I then get a list of his apps - but 32,33 & 34 are missing. Very interesting.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
01-14-2019, 01:55 AM
The 3 Apps are on my phone, I saw them in the master listing in July 2018 and got them...I am using Oreo 8.0...I can also see them if I do a Play search, but they do not show in the full listing
01-14-2019, 07:21 AM
(01-13-2019 11:36 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  

Key phase above is "when looking at full program listing at Google Play for Olivier De Smet".

If I search for each program, it turns up. But... if I click on Olivier De Smet's name, I then get a list of his apps - but 32,33 & 34 are missing. Very interesting.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Nope, I see all of them even by searching for Olivier De Smet.
Oreo 8.0.0.377

Greetings,
    Massimo

01-14-2019, 12:42 PM
(01-14-2019 07:21 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  
(01-13-2019 11:36 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Key phase above is "when looking at full program listing at Google Play for Olivier De Smet".

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Nope, I see all of them even by searching for Olivier De Smet.
Oreo 8.0.0.377

You are correct - if you enter "Olivier De Smet" in the search bar, then they do turn up. BUT if you are viewing one of his apps and then CLICK on his name, the list of apps are incomplete. You get two different list of apps depending on whether you CLICK on his name or enter his name in the search bar.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
01-14-2019, 03:45 PM
(01-14-2019 12:42 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 07:21 AM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Nope, I see all of them even by searching for Olivier De Smet.
Oreo 8.0.0.377

You are correct - if you enter "Olivier De Smet" in the search bar, then they do turn up. BUT if you are viewing one of his apps and then CLICK on his name, the list of apps are incomplete. You get two different list of apps depending on whether you CLICK on his name or enter his name in the search bar.

Bill
Smithville, NJ

Sorry Bill but I already tried both ways and tried again the way you mention: I can still see all his apps.
Dunno why my android has different behaviour than yours... ?-)

Greetings,
    Massimo

01-14-2019, 05:11 PM
(01-14-2019 03:45 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Sorry Bill but I already tried both ways and tried again the way you mention: I can still see all his apps.

I see them all as well, even when clicking author's name. I'm using v8.0.0. Perhaps it's a version thing, though I can't see any reason that would affect the search.

--Bob Prosperi
01-14-2019, 05:59 PM
Yes, I pasted his name in the search bar and they show up, but if I click on his name in the individual app pages, they do not show up...strange...Before I only clocked on the name...At least I know of a way to see any new potential apps from him etc...
01-14-2019, 06:26 PM
(01-14-2019 05:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-14-2019 03:45 PM)Massimo Gnerucci Wrote:  Sorry Bill but I already tried both ways and tried again the way you mention: I can still see all his apps.

I see them all as well, even when clicking author's name. I'm using v8.0.0. Perhaps it's a version thing, though I can't see any reason that would affect the search.

Bob,

Well - we are talking about two different items here. I was doing it from Windows Explorer and Fire Fox on a Windows 7 PC.

Just did it on my two Cell Phones and you're right - all the apps show no matter which way you search.

Also just did a test using Chromium on a Raspberry PI. I get the same results as with Explorer and Fire Fox.

So it's a problem with desktop web browsers. The play store on the phone seems to work fine.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
01-14-2019, 09:27 PM
(01-14-2019 06:26 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Well - we are talking about two different items here. I was doing it from Windows Explorer and Fire Fox on a Windows 7 PC.

Just did it on my two Cell Phones and you're right - all the apps show no matter which way you search.

Also just did a test using Chromium on a Raspberry PI. I get the same results as with Explorer and Fire Fox.

So it's a problem with desktop web browsers. The play store on the phone seems to work fine.

Hmmm... still confusing...

Using Firefox (on Win7), if I search the Play Store for "Olivier De Smet" I DO get Go32C/33c/34c, amidst the many other emulator apps.

By "Windows Explorer", I assume you mean Internet Explorer? Using IE11 on Win-7, I still get them, though interesting that order the results are returned is different from using FF.

Anyhow, no big deal, as you've found a way to see them all. And there are a lot of them!

Good luck!

--Bob Prosperi
01-14-2019, 10:28 PM
(01-14-2019 09:27 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Hmmm... still confusing...

Using Firefox (on Win7), if I search the Play Store for "Olivier De Smet" I DO get Go32C/33c/34c, amidst the many other emulator apps.

By "Windows Explorer", I assume you mean Internet Explorer? Using IE11 on Win-7, I still get them, though interesting that order the results are returned is different from using FF.

Anyhow, no big deal, as you've found a way to see them all. And there are a lot of them!

Good luck!

Try this. Search Play Store in Fire Fox or your favorite Desktop Web Browser for, let's say "GO32C". NOW - CLICK on "Olivier De Smet". This will then bring up a list of his Apps with 32C, 33C and 34C MISSING.

It only happens when you CLICK on his name. And it only happens on a Desktop Web Browser. If you do a search for the App or a search for his name, then all his apps are shown. But CLICKING on his name does NOT bring up a full list of his apps. Very strange.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion.

Bill
Smithville, NJ
01-15-2019, 01:06 AM
(01-14-2019 10:28 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Try this. Search Play Store in Fire Fox or your favorite Desktop Web Browser for, let's say "GO32C". NOW - CLICK on "Olivier De Smet". This will then bring up a list of his Apps with 32C, 33C and 34C MISSING.

It only happens when you CLICK on his name. And it only happens on a Desktop Web Browser. If you do a search for the App or a search for his name, then all his apps are shown. But CLICKING on his name does NOT bring up a full list of his apps. Very strange.

Confirmed!

In Firefox on a desktop, searching for "Olivier De Smet" produces 51 titles in his goXXXX series. But when clicking on his name within any one of those titles, the results only include 36 of them, not including go32C, go33C and go34C (plus a bunch of others obviously).

Most interesting of all, is if you click on the authors name even while viewing one of the 'missing' titles, the results will still not include the 'missing' titles.

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)