Thread Closed 
bug report with prefix set[ ] & list[]
11-03-2018, 01:27 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 07:15 PM by compsystems.)
bug report with prefix set[ ] & list[]
Hello, Users and Developer group of the famous hp-prime calculator
Sorry for my technical english.

Step by step to show in detail where the problem arises.

Step 1: please enter

PHP Code:
symb2poly3*x^-
[enter] show on history view [3, 0, -9] // ok,
does not matter if the 'poly1' prefix is not displayed.

Step 2: then press
[up key] then [copy] (previous output) [enter] shows the true output expression, that is, with the poly1 prefix

PHP Code:
poly130, -
// ok

Since it is different list[ 3, 0, -9 ] to poly1[ 3, 0, -9 ] or set[ 3, 0, -9 ] when it is operated.
for example:

PHP Code:
30, -] * [ 30, -
[enter] returns 90 // ok Interpreted as a dot product (vectors)

PHP Code:
poly130, -] * poly1,0, -
[enter] returns poly1[ 9, 0, -54, 0, 81 ] // ok

PHP Code:
poly130, -]  .* poly130, -
[enter] returns poly1[ 9, 0, 81 ] // ok

in the most recent firmware version

Step 1: Enter
PHP Code:
solve3*x^-6*-0
[enter] returns [ -1, 3 ]

Step 2:
but [up key] then [copy] -1,3 this is a pair not a list, the containers [] are lost
-1,3 + 6 returns [ -1,9 ] // bug, because the container is not incorporated

in XCas shows on worksheet [ -1, 3 ] and with copy [ctrl+c] as list[ -1, 3 ] //ok

the prefix list[ ] must be preserved and can be displayed as [] or {} (it is indifferent on the history view), but the important thing is to keep the internal prefix when it is carried to the entry line

Another case, the information (entry) is also lost in sets.

Step 1: previous firmware (no beta). Enter
PHP Code:
seta,ca
[enter] show on history view [ a, b ,c ] // ok

Step 2: then press
[up key][up key] (previous entry) then [copy] shows the true input expression, that is, with the prefix SET
PHP Code:
setabca
[enter] set[ a, b ,c ] // ok

Step 1: current firmware
PHP Code:
seta,,,
[enter] show on history view [ a, b ,c ] // ok

Step 2:
[up key][up key](previous entry) then [copy]
PHP Code:
{abcac
[enter] { a, b, c, a, c } // bug this is not a set, because the prefix was lost and he no longer interprets it as a set

Please hpp-team recover the previous prefix operation set[] and list[], taking into account that if an operation returns a list, add the prefix list[] as in xCAS

Thanks

JaiMeza
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: bugs: prefix[ ] lost
No sé si te has dado cuenta pero tus peticiones están molestado a la mayoría de usuarios del foro, son escritas de forma muy imperativa y asumiendo de que todo el mundo tiene tus mismas preferencias. Sé que crees que tus motivos son suficientes (soy un profesor,
Colombia es un país con muchas dificultades, no manejo inglés, bla, bla) pero tus posts son bastante desagradables de leer.

En un consejo personal, intenta escribir tus problema de forma simple, con alguna estructura (en vez de un montón de texto) más como una sugerencia abierta y siendo más cortés.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2018, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 09:41 PM by compsystems.)
RE:
Hello, I do not know if my simulator was updated, but the two reported bugs no longer occur, please check the examples in your physical devices or simulator

Thanks Brother Erwin, to improve, all comments, suggestions are welcome =)

Edit: Failed again, there is something very strange.
11-03-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: 2 bugs: with prefix set[ ] & list[]
(11-03-2018 09:20 AM)eried Wrote:  No sé si te has dado cuenta pero tus peticiones están molestado a la mayoría de usuarios del foro, son escritas de forma muy imperativa y asumiendo de que todo el mundo tiene tus mismas preferencias. Sé que crees que tus motivos son suficientes (soy un profesor,
Colombia es un país con muchas dificultades, no manejo inglés, bla, bla) pero tus posts son bastante desagradables de leer.

En un consejo personal, intenta escribir tus problema de forma simple, con alguna estructura (en vez de un montón de texto) más como una sugerencia abierta y siendo más cortés.

Thank you for clearly explaining this to the OP. I have had the same reaction to many of compsystems' posts from the beginning. To not single him out, I have noticed there are other members with the same posting style.

Just my opinion.

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
11-03-2018, 09:04 PM
RE: bug report with prefix set[ ] & list[]
(11-03-2018 06:54 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  Thank you for clearly explaining this to the OP. I have had the same reaction to many of compsystems' posts from the beginning. To not single him out, I have noticed there are other members with the same posting style.

Just my opinion.

It may just be an opinion, but it's one I share. I think (well, I know) you are both speaking for a lot of folks here. Thanks for speaking up.

--Bob Prosperi
11-03-2018, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018 10:13 PM by Didier Lachieze.)
The 'Ignore list' forum feature is a good way to not be bothered by unwanted posts.
I currently have two members on my ignore list: one posting endless requests to the HP team, and another one answering with nspire screenshots to Prime questions.
Otherwise I enjoy the discussions in this forum and I've learned a lot from many people on various topics.
11-03-2018, 11:01 PM
(11-03-2018 10:11 PM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  The 'Ignore list' forum feature is a good way to not be bothered by unwanted posts.

Sure, but then we'd miss the chance to comment like above. Big Grin

And like you Didier, I enjoy and learn a lot from almost everyone posting here.

--Bob Prosperi
11-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Please be kind
We have received three reports of posts on this thread. That is three too many.

Please take the comments below as they are intended...which is to be helpful. Do not take these to be hostile or to suggest anyone should run away from the forum and not contribute. Not at all.

In order...

Compsystems, thank you for your posts. They are always interesting to me and I do my best to learn something from them. I would ask that you try to limit the size of the posts if possible - the longer the post takes to read the less someone might read through it. Also, everyone here has an opinion and of course MY opinion is correct. (that's a joke). Try to allow others to express their opinion without being too dismissive of their thoughts even if you disagree or are absolutely convinced they are way off base.

eried - postings in the forum should be in English. Google has an excellent translation service that is at least adequate. I am told that the tone of your post was very aggressive. Please try to avoid that even if you feel irritated by something you read here.

Mark, Bob, and others - I merely ask that none of us contribute to the stress of the situation. If a post bothers you, please report it and the moderators will address it.

I will lock this post and I ask each of us to please focus on why were are here, which I think is to have fun and learn about our shared case of love for these devices.

Thank you.
Gene
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)