15C / 12C source code available?
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2014 02:36 PM by Ángel Martin.)
15C / 12C source code available?
Being Coconut-based I guess the MCODE would be compatible with the 41, or at least close enough for a quick port (famous last words...) - but has it ever been disclosed?

Not likely since the 12C is still sold by HP but thought I'd pose the question anyway.

It'll be nice to have the TVM routines from the 12C ported over the 41, this is what prompted me to ask. Of course it'll be good to peek into those wondrous 15C matrix/complex code as well..

Cheers,
'AM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
RE: 15C / 12C source code available?
You can disassemble the ROMs but of course the comments are missing. Nonpareil allows to trace the code together with the registers. That helps a lot understanding the code. Analyzing SOLVE and \(\int_y^x\) would be interesting as well though I assume it's similar to the code in the Advantage module.

Cheers
Thomas
05-02-2014, 04:02 PM
RE: 15C / 12C source code available?
(05-01-2014 02:54 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  Analyzing SOLVE and \(\int_y^x\) would be interesting as well though I assume it's similar to the code in the Advantage module.

Well similar for sure, but not quite the same I assume due to the memory map and registers? The Advantage's implementation uses wonderful trickery with buffer #14 and SILOOP and SIRTN, probably to overcome some alleged earlier design deficiencies (the 15C was released later on).

This article has some of my notes, you may know it already.-

Cheers,
'AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)