HP Forums

Full Version: A Baghdadian Saying about HP Calculators!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a saying in my native and beloved Baghdad, "The student of a master, is himself a master and a half." While the saying itself makes no mention of calculators, it seems appropriate in pointing out to a phenomena that has occurred in the last decade--HP users crafting new calculators or new versions of vintage calculators that are better than HP's own products! These users, who started out as students/customers of HP calculators, have come out with software and hardware that would make HP proud of how it have inspired its clients!

Namir
It's a nice saying. I think it means that the student has the master's experience and its own. No ?
Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
May be HP calculators have what we call in French a "supplément d'âme".
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote: [ -> ]It's a nice saying. I think it means that the student has the master's experience and its own. No ?
Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.

You are right, about the student being able to add to what she/he learns. As for HP calculators, I think they offered special features and cultivated a special loyalty.

Namir
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
Wouldn't already cemetech (there are more communities like that) be big enough?
Their contest and projects sections are pretty interesting.
(12-27-2017 04:05 AM)Namir Wrote: [ -> ]There is a saying in my native and beloved Baghdad, "The student of a master, is himself a master and a half." ...

Namir

(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote: [ -> ]...

I agree with both of you!
HP and RPN inspired me to study Maths again (after the study in the college, many years ago). Again and better. And re-studying Math I'm loving HP calculators much than first :-)

Salvo
(12-27-2017 09:32 AM)pier4r Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-27-2017 08:41 AM)badaze Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway. It's true that no other calculator brand has so many enthusiasts. Never seen such a big community and/or so involved for TI calculators for instance.
Wouldn't already cemetech (there are more communities like that) be big enough?
Their contest and projects sections are pretty interesting.

I was referring to so called ‘vintage computers’. Even if I have a lot of recent calculators they do not belong to my nostalgia Wink
Reference URL's