HP Forums

Full Version: Public Beta Availiable (v2) - Win/Mac/Android/iOS/Firmware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

The HP Calculator group is happy to be able to push out the second set of beta files. The date will be 2017.11.15 on them with a revision approximately around 13012. They will not all match that revision perfectly.

Quote:http://www.hpcalc.org/prime/beta/

If you are just hearing about this public beta for the first time, I recommend looking at the original announcement thread for details and discussion.

Quote:http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-9450.html

Note that the primary reason to be pushing this out right now is that we have versions that have been uploaded for iOS/Android beta test as well and are currently sitting in the queue waiting for approval. Once that happens, you should receive a notification in the normal way for those platforms.

If you desire to test an iOS or Android version, please communicate to calcbeta@hp.com with your email ID and type of app store. We can add you in and you will receive a notice for the app when available in the future. If you already received test versions in the past, you will still be in the list I believe and do not need to request again.

Note that the "version" information in the different versions maybe be slightly off (simply due to timing on the builds), but all should be approximately r13012 or so. I wanted to keep the firmware/win/mac versions in sync closer to the iOS/Android ones that were just uploaded.

Quote:Some changes since the first set of beta files:

1. Added feature: (this was very close before, but not quite ready. Should be now)
a. Added →Qπ function
b. modified the [a b/c] key in Home to cycle through this value first

FIXED ISSUES:
1. Modifed WAIT(0) to not time out at 60s, but timeout 100ms before TOff auto power off time
2. CAS error cursor positioning not taking lines into account. now will put cursor at right spot in source. Should help with debugging #cas #end blocks in a source file.
3. fix for simplify(sqrt(2)*(cos(x)^2+sin(x)^2))
4. Sorted the items in the "Catalog" section in the Help Tree.
5. ON-ESC then HELP then ON-ESC again caused problem.
6. Alpha on triangle animation in opening startup screen not correct
7. Line plot ignoring frequencies. Bar shouldn't be allowing them.
8. Fix for -- and ++ being inconsitent in the CAS. Would confuse with increment, decrement operators. Now will check if -- or ++ followed by a number, and then convert as appropriate rather then just erroring.
9. Worked on help items. Still undergoing work to correct issues discovered and reported so I don't have the full list yet. If you reported it already to the email and don't see it yet, please wait. Thanks!
Just upgrated. Thank You.
(11-15-2017 10:53 PM)Voldemar Wrote: [ -> ]Just upgrated. Thank You.

also, thank you!
And ->Qπ it's a BIG feature :-)
A lot of thanks also for this!

Salvo
Downloaded, installed and updated the firmware. All went almost without a hitch, only the backup failed before updating the firmware. Looks and fills well so far.
My iOS version just shows 12676.
->QPI does not work in CAS mode. Why?

QPI (HAN)
http://www.hpcalc.org/details/7450
[Image: QPI_convertDecimalToRationalApproximation_image00.png]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4476]
(11-15-2017 10:17 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:FIXED ISSUES:
2. CAS error cursor positioning not taking lines into account. now will put cursor at right spot in source. Should help with debugging #cas #end blocks in a source file.

Excellent
(11-16-2017 07:13 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent

Yes indeed.
(11-16-2017 02:29 AM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]My iOS version just shows 12676.

Also mine, but it is still the old version in TestFlight...
Hoping the new will come soon.

Salvo
I updated my Windows and physical calculator. FREEZE still doesn't work. Sad Also this latest Beta still reboots when creating new programs.
Under what circumstances do you get re-boots? Creating new programs through the catalog seems to work fine here.
(11-16-2017 04:14 PM)Helge Gabert Wrote: [ -> ]Under what circumstances do you get re-boots? Creating new programs through the catalog seems to work fine here.

I press Shift-1. Then press New. The screen comes up to enter the program name. I enter the name and press OK. The calculator reboots. After reboot, the new program is in the catalog. This only happens when I have the catalog sorted alphabetically. When it's sorted chronologically, I have no problem.
(11-16-2017 04:21 PM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]I press Shift-1. Then press New. The screen comes up to enter the program name. I enter the name and press OK. The calculator reboots. After reboot, the new program is in the catalog. This only happens when I have the catalog sorted alphabetically. When it's sorted chronologically, I have no problem.

Also here in my HC. Maybe is a bug. Can other people confirm?
(11-16-2017 04:21 PM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]I press Shift-1. Then press New. The screen comes up to enter the program name. I enter the name and press OK. The calculator reboots. After reboot, the new program is in the catalog. This only happens when I have the catalog sorted alphabetically. When it's sorted chronologically, I have no problem.

Also here in my HP Prime with Public Beta V2
[shift][1] [Sort] select: 2. Alphabetically
[New] Name: <select valid name> [Ok]

New program causes a reboot.

If select: 1. Chronologically

New program is created without issue.

-Dale-
(11-16-2017 04:55 PM)tecnovelez Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2017 04:21 PM)toml_12953 Wrote: [ -> ]...

Also here in my HP Prime with Public Beta V2

so, Tom, you could file a bug or send an email to the group...
Also VC has the bug.
(11-16-2017 05:05 PM)DrD Wrote: [ -> ][shift][1] [Sort] select: 2. Alphabetically
[New] Name: <select valid name> [Ok]

New program causes a reboot.

If select: 1. Chronologically

New program is created without issue.

-Dale-

Bingo, same issue.
(11-16-2017 05:12 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]Not in my case, I can create a new program flawless, physical calc.

also if the program Catalog is sorted alphabetically?
The sorting seems to be the culprit. I've reproduced and expect will be resolved shortly. Thanks for tracking this down!
(11-16-2017 05:32 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote: [ -> ]The sorting seems to be the culprit. I've reproduced and expect will be resolved shortly. Thanks for tracking this down!

Yes, thanks wangchong01 and DrD !
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's