HP Forums

Full Version: Help for a "Surface and Flux integrals" program
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Another topic to be documented.
Arno
(11-06-2017 06:49 PM)salvomic Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2017 06:37 PM)Arno K Wrote: [ -> ]No no, now it works, but I am not that contented with implementing of local variables and then purging them to avoid their occurance in memory-manager.
Arno

I know, you are right, that's only a workaround, but the occurrence in memory manager leaves there variables that after some time could interfere with other commands or programs...
We need a real solution :-)

Salvo
I added to the posted program the two lines with purge(u) and purge(v) and made u and v local until the problem is solved.
(11-06-2017 08:57 PM)Arno K Wrote: [ -> ]I added to the posted program the two lines with purge(u) and purge(v) and made u and v local until the problem is solved.

you have done well. When there will be a better solution we'll be able to avoid local u and v and also purge()...

I have done the same in my program for Linear and curvilinear integrals (in Library) for the same purpose.
There is no better solution! Declaring symbolic variables as local variables and purge them after (or assume(.,DOM_SYMBOLIC)) is the recommanded way to use symbolic variables in a CAS function.
(11-07-2017 07:13 AM)parisse Wrote: [ -> ]There is no better solution! Declaring symbolic variables as local variables and purge them after (or assume(.,DOM_SYMBOLIC)) is the recommanded way to use symbolic variables in a CAS function.

well, thank you. I'm using this method and it's ok.
Does not work anymore.
Arno
(12-02-2017 05:02 PM)Arno K Wrote: [ -> ]Does not work anymore.
Arno
sfint()?
and why? what is changed?

I'm trying the example you wrote:
Code:

The surface of a paraboloid is then calculated:
sfint(1,[u*cos(v),u*sin(v),u^2],[0,1],[0,2*π]) which yields 1/6*(√5*5*π-π)
and I get still 1/6*(√5*5*π-π)...

Salvo
It puts out shit on VC, works on HW, I will try a reset of VC and reinstall everything, I simply wanted to try debug with cas.
Arno
I cleared memory and reinstalled a backup, then it worked again, so upgrading still needs a memory wipe, at least from time to time.
understood. I tried on HW and it worked...
Maybe time to time a refresh of memory is needed, yes.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's