HP Forums

Full Version: HHC 2017 and the weather
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know we are all hoping that the hurricane seemingly headed for south Florida turns away here at the last minute or does not do the damage it is possible to do. The concerns of HHC 2017 are trivial compared to what might happen.

However, I did want to let everyone know that plans are on to have HHC 2017 in Nashville regardless of the weather.

Right now, projections (which have been changing every few hours) place the remnants of Hurricane Ira over Nashville mid-week next week as a Tropical depression / storm. The impact of that **could** be rain and wind.

Either might affect travel to Nashville, so be checking about any possible delays. If you cannot come, we will miss you but stay safe. If you get there late, again, no worries but be safe.

The conference will convene as scheduled with however many and whomever can get there.

Turn away, Hurricane Ira. Stay safe.
(09-08-2017 04:34 PM)Gene Wrote: [ -> ]I know we are all hoping that the hurricane seemingly headed for south Florida turns away here at the last minute or does not do the damage it is possible to do. The concerns of HHC 2017 are trivial compared to what might happen.

However, I did want to let everyone know that plans are on to have HHC 2017 in Nashville regardless of the weather.

Right now, projections (which have been changing every few hours) place the remnants of Hurricane Ira over Nashville mid-week next week as a Tropical depression / storm. The impact of that **could** be rain and wind.

Either might affect travel to Nashville, so be checking about any possible delays. If you cannot come, we will miss you but stay safe. If you get there late, again, no worries but be safe.

The conference will convene as scheduled with however many and whomever can get there.

Turn away, Hurricane Ira. Stay safe.
Gene...I'm planning on being there...hurricane, rain or shine. Even bringing a new HHC participant this year! Will roll in sometime Friday afternoon/early evening.
~ Jim J. ~
Just bring an umbrella and you'll be fine.

[Image: windblown.jpg]
Is that you, Joe. Perhaps in your younger days.
For the people not familiar with the terminology, a tropical depression is basically a regular thunderstorm with some wind. Nothing unusual to worry about. That's all Nashville will see from this storm, no need to take any extra precautions other than an umbrella or a rain coat.
Oh yeah, hadn't though of that. Fortunately, we're driving in from the north, so a little thunderstorm isn't stopping me.
Reference URL's