HP Forums

Full Version: WP 31S Poll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

We have three functions competing for two shifted locations top right of the WP 31S. Those functions are %, Δ%, and x! - the easiest way to decide the race is calling you to the polling stations. So please ... two (2) votes per person. The poll runs for 120h starting NOW.

d:-)
(03-11-2014 09:18 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]We have three functions competing for two shifted locations top right of the WP 31S. Those functions are %, Δ%, and x! - the easiest way to decide the race is calling you to the polling stations. So please ... two (2) votes per person.

x! and Δ%

Maybe I'm missing some important use case here, but my guess is that most users of scientific calculators have a very good understanding of fractions and percentages and consequently have little need for a shortcut like a % operator. I personally always found it more burdensome to remember the precise behavior of % than to do any calculation without it.

Also x! really shouldn't be hidden in a menu in my opinion.
I voted for % and x!.

Calculating percentages is a so common that I think it deserves a place on the keyboard. Yes it's simple, but it's so common that I think it's worth putting on the keyboard.

It's harder for me to justify x!. Just personal preference I suppose.

Dave
(03-11-2014 09:18 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

We have three functions competing for two shifted locations top right of the WP 31S. Those functions are %, Δ%, and x! - the easiest way to decide the race is calling you to the polling stations. So please ... two (2) votes per person. The poll runs for 120h starting NOW.

The only possible reason for using % and Δ% can be saving keystrokes. Δ% probably saves more than %, so I voted for that and x!
(03-11-2014 09:18 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

X! and Δ%, I can come up with % fairly easily.
To whom it may concern: Your vote will only be counted when (and if) you vote Wink Any post you write in this matter will not be counted.

(03-13-2014 01:08 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Any post you write in this matter will not be counted.

No, but it might influence others ;-)
The result is self-explanatory. You'll see a corresponding WP 31S soon - incl. working UNDO Smile

Glad to see x! won.
(03-22-2014 01:52 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see x! won.

More people voted against x! than for it. Wink
(03-22-2014 02:42 PM)Marcel Samek Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-22-2014 01:52 PM)Eddie W. Shore Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see x! won.

More people voted against x! than for it. Wink

Logically not true. Everybody had two votes. Wink

(03-22-2014 04:03 PM)walter b Wrote: [ -> ]Logically not true. Everybody had two votes. Wink

True. I suppose you could have asked "which of these do you wish to leave out" and then we would have had no winners, just an unambiguous loser.

M.
Reference URL's