HP Forums

Full Version: HP 50g : Left Shift BUG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
The Advanced User Guide states that pressing "Left Shift"+"IF" will put onto the Program window :IF + ELSE + END.
In my HP it does not work.
The "Right Shift"+"IF" is working. I get IF+THEN+ELSE+END.

Better said, none of the "Left Shift"+"IF/CASE/FOR" is working but the Right_Shift is.

Can some one reproduce this and confirm that is a BUG?

How to:
Press «»
then press Left_Shift and PRG
on the Softmenu ( must have FLAG 117 set) press BRCH
now press LEFT_SHIFT lose it and press (folder) IF (key F1).

Doing this I get a BEEP insted of the "IF+THEN+END"
(03-09-2014 12:01 PM)Alvaro Wrote: [ -> ]Can some one reproduce this and confirm that is a bug

Doing this I get a BEEP insted of the "IF+THEN+END"

I can reproduce in Algebraic mode. If in RPN the templates all seem to work

Cheers, Terje
I imagine our friend Alvaro is not too happy with his HP experience so far. Please, trust us and take the time to learn RPN and RPL. They are what make an HP calculator an HP calculator. Many of us have been using various incarnations of this system on HP calculators for 30 or 40 years. And it is what kept us buying and using and being fans of HP calculators.

Using algebraic mode on an HP is like driving a Ferrari on a miniature golf course. Nobody is happy doing that Wink
(03-09-2014 05:04 PM)HP67 Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine our friend Alvaro is not too happy with his HP experience so far. Please, trust us and take the time to learn RPN and RPL. They are what make an HP calculator an HP calculator. Many of us have been using various incarnations of this system on HP calculators for 30 or 40 years. And it is what kept us buying and using and being fans of HP calculators.

Yes, no offence, but I sometimes feel that being a fan is an important part of the HP toolchain.

In any case, a 50G in algebraic mode is probably an oxymoron.
(03-09-2014 01:58 PM)Terje Vallestad Wrote: [ -> ][quote='Alvaro' pid='6474' dateline='1394366474']

I can reproduce in Algebraic mode. If in RPN the templates all seem to work

Cheers, Terje

Thank you Terje,

Do you have or had the "Multi-Language Pack" installed?
(03-09-2014 06:26 PM)Alvaro Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have or had the "Multi-Language Pack" installed?

No, I have never used this software.

Cheers, Terje
Reference URL's