HP Forums

Full Version: 65 Notes/PPC Journal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't seem to be able to find an archive of these online anywhere. Although I haven't done an exhaustive search, I didn't think i would be this hard. Am I just missing something?

I have paper copies of V1-V3 and one issue from V4 (maybe I have the rest of V4, but it isn't with the main stack, apparently, if I do) and V5 plus supplemental stuff. If I can ever get my (HP!) ADF fixed, I would scan them in if there is interest and if there are no copyright etc. kinds of objections.

There is a lot of fancy programming information, circuit block diagrams and some pinouts, photographs and instructions on topics like a much better way to record on write-locked cards than building up the corner, removing the rear labels on the classics, op code lists, and such.
(03-08-2014 07:09 PM)[kby] Wrote: [ -> ]I don't seem to be able to find an archive of these online anywhere.

Jake Schwartz has these documents and many, many more available on the PPC DVD set.

It is well worth the $25 investment.

Mark Hardman
Thanks…not sure why I didn't see that (or maybe looked for the wrong thing).

I actually found all of v4 now. I think I stopped afte V5 as I was mostly a 65 person and there wasn't much 65 stuff any more. I'll look into the DVDs. Thanks again.-kby
(03-08-2014 07:37 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2014 07:09 PM)[kby] Wrote: [ -> ]I don't seem to be able to find an archive of these online anywhere.

Jake Schwartz has these documents and many, many more available on the PPC DVD set.

It is well worth the $25 investment.

Mark Hardman

Yes, definitely get the DVD set from Jake. An immense amount of material from 65 Notres, PPC, CHHU, Datafile, Australian Newsletters, all the HHC conferences, the recenly added issues of Solve and more. You can never run out of stuff to read, and if you're a 41C user, it even includes a very simple means to create barcode to scan-in, making it simple and fast to enter MANY of the 41C programs. An incredible value for any/all HP calculator fans.
tried to contact jake through email, but he didn't response yet.
any info on how i would place an order for the DVD?

hans
The link to Jake's website was imbedded in Mark Hardman's post, but here it is:

http://www.pahhc.org/ppccdrom.htm

Get it!
(03-09-2014 04:19 PM)rprosperi Wrote: [ -> ]The link to Jake's website was imbedded in Mark Hardman's post, but here it is:

http://www.pahhc.org/ppccdrom.htm

Get it!

yep, guess where i got his email from. the question was not *where*, but *how* to order it. and, not really getting it why i should throw money at someone's account without prior information about availability of what he is selling.

hans
(03-11-2014 12:45 PM)Hans Brueggemann Wrote: [ -> ]the question was not *where*, but *how* to order it.
hans

In my case, I simply used PayPal to transfer $25 to the email listed on his web site. A week later the DVD arrived.

Mark Hardman
Quote:but *how* to order it. and, not really getting it why i should throw money at someone's account without prior information about availability of what he is selling.

Hi,

The PPC DVD disk grew out of a project which started in 1998 with two CDs, eventually grew to four and then was combined into a single DVD. It is indeed available and contains over 32K pages of HP calculator material, mostly different from Dave's HP Museum material. Since 30 years of the British HPCC club's Datafile newsletters are included as part of the disk, U.S. $5.00 is sent back to HPCC with each sale. The web page (referenced earlier) has all the details.

Thanks,
Jake
thx, jake. order placed.

hans
Hi,

For what it is worth, the PPC DVD has been updated with another year (the 31st) of the British Handheld and Portable Computer Club's Datafile newsletters, Issue 33 of the HP Solve Newsletter and a corresponding update to the HP Solve Newsletter index. For more info, check here.

Thanks,
Jake
I am a new member to the forum after recently rediscovering my 41CX after all these years. Several years ago I had obtained a stack of books and PPC Journals that were being discarded from work so I have been busy with those. I also just got my DVD from Jake and have a question about the missing PPC Members Handbook #1. It is listed as being included with Issue 4 of Volume 4 but only the first 2 pages and the last 3 pages of the handbook are there. Are the missing ~40 pages available somewhere else? I searched around the forum for the answer but this was the only thread I could find related to the PPC Journal. Thanks in advance for any help with this -Kevin
(11-25-2014 02:17 PM)klacombe Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the missing PPC Members Handbook #1. It is listed as being included with Issue 4 of Volume 4 but only the first 2 pages and the last 3 pages of the handbook are there. Are the missing ~40 pages available somewhere else? Thanks in advance for any help with this -Kevin

Hi,

As you can see from the included index on page 2, the missing sections of that first member handbook were the PPC membership list in member-number order, zip code order and alphabetical name order. The omission of the pages was at the request of Richard Nelson, who thought that by 1998 (when the pages were being scanned), a large percentage of the addresses would be obsolete and therefore practically useless. I think that he also might have been worried about spreading the info around without getting the permission of the individuals. At the top of page 2, Richard writes: "This information, especially the membership list, should be held in confidence." Now that it is practically four decades later, it probably has more historical significance. I should consider dragging the printed book off my shelf and scanning the remaining pages.

It is off topic, but I should also mention that the 300+ pages of material from the HHC2014 conference have now been added to the archive disk, along with a corresponding update to the included 5-way conference index.

Jake
Okay, you shamed me into it :-) You can find the full 26-meg PPC Member Handbook #1 from 1977 here. I'll add it to the archive DVD as well.

Jake
Thanks Jake...so is now a bad time to ask for the missing 65 pages of Handbook #2?

Ironically I was trying to find out who member #5762 was. He had passed his copy of the PPC ROM on to my brother and years ago he passed it on to me. We've lost track of his name over time. I guess Handbook #2 only goes through member 3636 so unless there is some other record available I may never find out the gentleman's name.
-Kevin
(11-28-2014 05:24 AM)klacombe Wrote: [ -> ]Ironically I was trying to find out who member #5762 was.
I guess Handbook #2 only goes through member 3636 so unless there is some other record available I may never find out the gentleman's name.

I have the July and December 1979 handbook addendum.
Unfortunately the last member id listed is 4554.
I will search through my PPC documents to see if I can find it.

Sylvain
Reference URL's