HP Forums

Full Version: 1-AUG-2019 SolveSys - Equation Library and Nonlinear Systems Solver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I just wanna say thank you thank you!!!! A really masterpiece!

P.S.: One question, is there any possibility to add more than 10 equations? thanks in advance
(03-23-2017 10:51 PM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]I just wanna say thank you thank you!!!! A really masterpiece!

P.S.: One question, is there any possibility to add more than 10 equations? thanks in advance

Yes, press [View] > Select Page > Create New Page

This creates a new page of equations that you can add. There is no limit on the number of equations for any particular system.

EDIT: Don't forget to save your system, if you aren't using the auto-save mode. Lastly, the app will consolidate your equations into as few pages as possible. For example, if you have only 8 equations on page 1, and 5 on page 2, then after saving it will reorganize your equations so that page 1 has 10, and page 2 has the remaining 3.
Hello, a question for Han: do you think it would be possible to rewrite your application and how to enter the data in a similar way as the HP 50g, that the variables appear as buttons at the bottom of the screen and in the part Top the results? Your application is excellent, but I liked the way you enter the data on the HP 50g.
Excellent!!
Thank you very much!
Really a masterpiece! Smile
It is difficult to add pictures to the new system that we create? Smile
(03-25-2017 03:28 AM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]It is difficult to add pictures to the new system that we create? Smile

The next update (posting soon) will enable you to use your own image file. The format of *.lib file is changing slightly in this update.

Creating a picture on the calculator and using it for the system takes a bit of know-how (though not much). For the moment, one method would be to use the Geometry app and create your diagram there. Then, you can take a snapshot by using:

DIMGROB_P(G1,320,240);
STARTVIEW(1,1);
BLIT_P(G1,G0);

This saves a snapshot to the graphics object called G1. Then save this into an image file by moving into the solvesys/equation library app and typing:

AFiles("imgNN.png"):=G1;

where the NN is replaced by some appropriate value. Currently all the images are named img01.png through img63.png (I think).

The easier method would be to create an image on your PC/Mac and simply dragging the image file into the hpaddir directory, and then uploading the updated hpappdir to the calculator.
Ohh this is excellent!
My heart is beating to fast!
Thanks thanks!
I will try to do it without bother you, but i´m not to good in that language of programming Smile I think my level is not to good Smile

I just want to learn more languages only to say you in differents ways thanks!

Obrigado
Gracias
Vielen Dank
Thankkkkkkkks!!!!
Merci

Smile Smile

Other question
When i create a new system i had to always create the variables that i created in other system, for example, g (gravity), d (density), u ( velocity)

I press Shift+Symb and in the option Variable Mode i choose Automatic and then OK, but when i write the equation with a variable that i created in other system says
"Error: error de sintaxis" (means Error: Syntaxys error)

am i doing something wrong? or just to create the same variables in each system?
(03-25-2017 01:07 PM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Other question
When i create a new system i had to always create the variables that i created in other system, for example, g (gravity), d (density), u ( velocity)

I press Shift+Symb and in the option Variable Mode i choose Automatic and then OK, but when i write the equation with a variable that i created in other system says
"Error: error de sintaxis" (means Error: Syntaxys error)

am i doing something wrong? or just to create the same variables in each system?

There are two processes regarding variables: creating variables, and then declaring them as being part of a system of equations. The "automatic mode" handles the declaration part -- provided variables already exist. So with automatic mode, you can use existing global variables such as A through Z without needing to declare them (the app will automatically do that for you if you select "automatic mode"). Otherwise, you would have to manually declare the variables using the [View] button and Add/Edit Variable option. On the other hand, manually declaring a variable will also automatically create it for use if it does not already exist.

Your syntax error is due to the fact that for the new system, g, d, and u do not already exist (they exist in the other system, but not for the new system). This behavior has nothing to do with the app (or any app/program); the HP Prime was designed in such a way that you generally can only use a variable if it exists or has been created.

The variables you created in the other system are specific only to that system. When you create a new system, then you will have to repeat the process of declaring your variables. I can add in an option to "import" variables from other systems if that would help. But simply put, every system is completely independent of each other so variables in one system are not "visible" to other systems.
Perfect!!! Thanks for the explanation Smile

Yes, for me would help a lot if i can import the variables that i have created in other system. It would be much easier Smile
(03-25-2017 02:25 PM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect!!! Thanks for the explanation Smile

Yes, for me would help a lot if i can import the variables that i have created in other system. It would be much easier Smile

The recent update allows you to save an existing system as a new system. After "copying" the existing system into the new system, just go to the Symb view and press [Shift][Esc] to delete the equations and create new ones and you should not have to mess with variable declaration and/or creation if you are using the same variables as the copied system.

Other minor features have been added, and the reference manual got a major update (explains the library file format, references are now click-able links, includes table of contents, etc.)
Excellent! Thanks for the update Smile and also for the perfect explanation!
This is getting better Smile
One question, the systems that i have created recently will be erased with the update?
(03-26-2017 10:22 PM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent! Thanks for the update Smile and also for the perfect explanation!
This is getting better Smile
One question, the systems that i have created recently will be erased with the update?

Yes. Use the LibToNote program to convert your old library to a note export to a text file.
Ohhh thanks god that i did not install the update yet.
I spent the weekend creating variables and systems Smile
I have to see very close that programm to use it very well.
Never use it Smile
I don´t want to throw all the work Smile

I have installed the update with the emulator and it is perfect! I try the new features, images and the part of the variables and i must admit that you have created and allow me to stand and say "THE APP" .

Thank you very much!
(03-26-2017 11:07 PM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhh thanks god that i did not install the update yet.
I spent the weekend creating variables and systems Smile
I have to see very close that programm to use it very well.
Never use it Smile
I don´t want to throw all the work Smile

I have installed the update with the emulator and it is perfect! I try the new features, images and the part of the variables and i must admit that you have created and allow me to stand and say "THE APP" .

Thank you very much!

In your case, you can simply do a source code update. Assuming you are working with the emulator, open the source file named "Equation Library (App)" in the Programs browser. Clear the source file using [Shift][Esc]. Then copy the source code from the source directory (equation_library.txt for the separated version or equation_library_svd.txt for the merged version), and paste it into the Program Editor in the emulator. (If you are using the separated version, you may need to type restart, followed by opening and closing the svd2 program file.)

Now, if you want to also incorporate the minor fix in the library data, you can easily do this using the app itself. In the Heat Transfer category, select the Conduction+Convection system. In the Symb view, you will see that E1 and E3 use the variables L1, L2, and L3. These should be changed to lower-case l1, l2, and l3 respectively. (The variables l1, l2, and l3 are already defined for the system, but somehow I forgot to convert the formulas to use lower-case to avoid conflicts with the built-in list variables L1, L2, and L3.) Then make sure to save the system. Then, if you want, just hook up your calculator and sent from the emulator to the actual calculator via the app menu (select the app and press send).

This will keep your library intact and update only the source code.

I will make a note of this and add another section in the manual on carrying out updates. Future versions (again, likely in the summer) will allow users to use several libraries, and merge or split them as they find necessary.

You actually can manually change libraries with version 1.00. I just have not put into place any user interface for doing so. Simply edit your eqlibdat variable so that the last entry is the file name of your desired library. After saving your settings at least once, eqlibdat will be created to hold your settings. Type eqlibdat to see the list and you should see "Equation Library.lib" as the last entry. Create a new, empty library using:

AFiles("My Library.lib"):={};

Then modify the eqlibdat list, replacing "Equation Library.lib" with "My Library.lib". Save the modified settings using:

HVars("eqlibdat"):=<insert your modified list here>

I am glad to see that the app is useful for you and other users. I am hoping that a few users will take the initiative to translate the messages (all located toward the top of the source code) so that users can use the app in their native language once the TODO list is completed.
Thank you very much for the explanation!!! Smile

Actually i created all variables and equation with my calculator, all manually.
I don´t know if your explanation works with my situation. I´m a little afraid to erase my systems Smile hehe
(03-27-2017 02:32 AM)bruno2017 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much for the explanation!!! Smile

Actually i created all variables and equation with my calculator, all manually.
I don´t know if your explanation works with my situation. I´m a little afraid to erase my systems Smile hehe

Connect your calculator to your computer. Run the emulator. On your actual calculator, just send the app to the emulator. (Press [Apps], select the Equation Library app, and press the "Send" menu button at the bottom of the screen.) This creates a duplicate copy of your app onto the emulator. Make whatever modifications you want on the emulator, and then send in the reverse direction.

EDIT: You can also use your connectivity kit to make a backup of your modified app.
(03-24-2017 04:35 AM)math7 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, a question for Han: do you think it would be possible to rewrite your application and how to enter the data in a similar way as the HP 50g, that the variables appear as buttons at the bottom of the screen and in the part Top the results? Your application is excellent, but I liked the way you enter the data on the HP 50g.

Somehow I didn't see this post until now.

Anyway, are you referring to Equation Library for the HP50G calculator? It uses the RPL stack and menu system to manage variables. Moreover, its solve engine is essentially a single-equation, sequential solver. The stack/menu system on the HP50G would require some major GUI programming and really adds nothing more than an alternate input method. Perhaps this is best left as a programming exercise for the interested HP Prime programmers. :-)
Thank you very much!!
You really help me Smile

I only want to sing because i´m happpyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
Yeah!

Thanks again!
If you think your additional systems may benefit others, and would like to share your work, perhaps I can incorporate it into the app as optional libraries. To save your systems to a text file, here is what you (and anyone else who wants to contribute) can do:

1. Use the LibToNote() program (see reference manual appendix; just copy the code to your emulator, and send from emulator to real calculator). It will convert your Equation Library.lib file into a Note.

2. Then, send the Note that gets created from your calculator to the emulator.

3. On the emulator, open the Note and copy its content into a regular text file. Delete the systems that are already distributed with the app so that only the new ones you created are left.

4. Share here, and I can add them as a separate library (maybe suggest a name for the library, too).

OR

Just use the connectivity kit to create a backup of your modified app, and I can do the extraction after you post it in this thread.
(03-11-2017 09:23 PM)akmon Wrote: [ -> ]Fantastic upgrade. This app is now a must have for Hp Prime. As Eric Reching says in his web: "Get it".

As a suggestion, a shorcut to the picture will improve the information. I remember to use it often even inserting values, it helps a lot. So if there were a quick way to watch the picture (for example, long press on the screen, or a virtual button on the screen or physical button) both in the equation menu and variable menu will be useful.

Hello Han, thank you for your last update. Just to know your opinion to my suggestion.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Reference URL's