HP Forums

Full Version: 41CL: AMMC_OSX Rom, Bug in PGSIG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As per AMMC_OSX Manual Revision 4M, the PGSIG-Function "with any input argument > 15 should return the OS-Revision of the core operating System, which in case of an unmodified HP41-CX are as follows":

ROM =0:N 1:F 2:L

On my 41CL (V4 board), PGSIG 16 (for example) returns

__@ROM 0:N__1:F (where _ indicates a blanc)

with no possibility (?) to retrieve the information on page 3. Can anybody confirm that?
I also had some issues with this OSREV function of the Library 4 module a few months back and saw similar behavior as you observe, but I have also seen it working, on the same machine.

The code that updates the LCD here does not deselect the LCD (using PFAD=C), but assumes it will be taken care of by DADD=C (RAM select). For the emulator I am working on, it caused massive problems. On real hardware, it seems to work better, but not always.

I have looked into a lot of internal papers trying to figure out if DADD=C should indeed deselect the LCD, but found nothing to indicate such behavior should exist on the LCD. (The timer chip have this feature).

Håkan
(10-03-2016 08:08 PM)JurgenRo Wrote: [ -> ]As per AMMC_OSX Manual Revision 4M, the PGSIG-Function "with any input argument > 15 should return the OS-Revision of the core operating System, which in case of an unmodified HP41-CX are as follows":
ROM =0:N 1:F 2:L

On my 41CL (V4 board), PGSIG 16 (for example) returns
__@ROM 0:N__1:F (where _ indicates a blanc)

with no possibility (?) to retrieve the information on page 3. Can anybody confirm that?

This looks like a version mismatch between the Library#4 and the OS/X modules. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you the latest versions.
Thank you very much für your answers! Angel, I did send a PM ...
Reference URL's