HP Forums

Full Version: KEYTIME on the 48GX?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I type so fast on my 48GX that it occasionally misses a keystroke. What is the equivalent of KEYTIME on the 48GX that will allow me to shorten the key debounce time?

Thanks.
Hello,

There is no KEYTIME equivalent on the 48GX. And it should not be needed.
KEYTIME was introduced because the 49 had quite a lot of bounces on the keyboard, and keyboards specs that were not very well bounded (ie, a large distribution).
The 48 does not suffer from this problem and the debounce time on it is less than 10ms if I remember well.
If you can type faster that that, you surly are super, super fast! But the most likely scenario is that you do think/feel/assume that you are pressing the keys, but they are not registering electrically. This can be especially true if the keyboard is old, tired or has dust/crud in it...

Sorry that I do not have a better news for you.

Cyrille
Thank you for the information!

James W.
Also, the 48 has a good keyboard buffer. even if you really manage to type so fast, it remembers all strokes and works them out one by one as soon as you stop typing.
And with SpeedUI, you'll gain from the fastest key handling routines inside my System Outer Loop replacement;-)
Thank you Ray and damaltor!

--James W.
Hello,

Actually, the 48, like the 49 have the same 15 key buffer.... Type any faster and you will hear a beep...

Cyrille
(08-30-2016 05:18 AM)JDW Wrote: [ -> ]I type so fast on my 48GX that it occasionally misses a keystroke. What is the equivalent of KEYTIME on the 48GX that will allow me to shorten the key debounce time?

Thanks.
So you are Yngwie J. Malmsteen on a HP48. Or Baron Munchausen with a lot of spare time, but not enough to briefly check TFM.
(09-01-2016 01:15 PM)RMollov Wrote: [ -> ]So you are Yngwie J. Malmsteen on a HP48. Or Baron Munchausen with a lot of spare time, but not enough to briefly check TFM.

Harsh! But funny, so you get a pass.

Would not have guessed any forum members are Yngwie Malmsteen fans... I'm not particularly a fan of his music, but I am a fan of his speed.
Reference URL's