HP Forums

Full Version: [Solved] How I can make bold formatted string?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I found today while reverse-engineering some simple userRPL programs found on HPcalc.org that it is possible to make a BOLD text in atleast HP50g. It only works while inside a string object (between "" marks), and it is somesort of set (two separate characters each side of bold text, I assume somesort of start/end glyps) of special characters, but I can not found any reference to it other that this one LM317T program where it is used in two places.

What are those magical characters and how I can get access to them, in HPUserEdit 5 they are drawn as double exclamination marks.

Here is a snippet of it.
Code:
"       BravoRPL ! ! " 1 DISP

I did found the right search words..
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...JvETxjppjE

Where all this information have found, while HP documentation seems to be *censorship* on these. .. OK wait a bit, it there is something on HP50G User's Guide near page 870 or so, I'm sure that is on the CD that came with the calc... while I don't have had DVD-drive for many years. *fail*
(08-29-2016 08:00 PM)Vtile Wrote: [ -> ]Where all this information have found, while HP documentation seems to be *censorship* on these. .. OK wait a bit, it there is something on HP50G User's Guide near page 870 or so, I'm sure that is on the CD that came with the calc... while I don't have had DVD-drive for many years. *fail*

You can (at least in the US) download the 50g User Guide and Owners Manual in PDF format (no DVD drive needed!) from links on this page.
Thx for that link. I don't know why I haven't never found it myself.
Reference URL's