HP Forums

Full Version: Connect two Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi everybody,
I know that the answer would be "definitely NO", but I wonder:
is there some thing to do to connect a Prime version C with another version A to clone or pass data without CK?
I've the cable, but in the Prime C I can see (Mem) the softly "clone" and "send", but not in the Prime A (see image)...

Thank you
Salvo

UPDATE:
I tried to invert the cable and "clone - send" appeared on the calc A...
Then inverted the cable (from C to A) I sent a note (2 kb) from calc C to calc A but in the calc A the note wasn't received...
Hello,

You should be able to connect a A and a C together, assuming that the C is the usb host...

You should then be able to send data either way...

Now, for the sent data to be received and work, you need the 2 calcs to have compatible firmware.

Cyrille
(05-12-2016 04:49 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

You should be able to connect a A and a C together, assuming that the C is the usb host...

You should then be able to send data either way...

Now, for the sent data to be received and work, you need the 2 calcs to have compatible firmware.

Cyrille

hi Cyrille,
I was able only to receive data in C from A and not vice versa (also inverting the A-B cable)...

Salvo
I have the two calculators, version C and A, I send data back and forth between them without any problem. However if when I connect them SEND appears only on one of them, you cannot send from either one. keep the calculators connected and do a reset in the back of both calculators with a pin and let them reboot. This does not affect your programs or notes. After they have rebooted both calculators have the SEND active when the program lists is called. (Shift - Program). Works for me, hope it works for you.
(05-16-2016 11:39 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote: [ -> ]I have the two calculators, version C and A, I send data back and forth between them without any problem. However if when I connect them SEND appears only on one of them, you cannot send from either one. keep the calculators connected and do a reset in the back of both calculators with a pin and let them reboot. This does not affect your programs or notes. After they have rebooted both calculators have the SEND active when the program lists is called. (Shift - Program). Works for me, hope it works for you.

Thank you Bernard!
I wonder if they works in this way as a feature or ...a bug Smile
However I'll try it.

Salvo
(05-16-2016 11:39 PM)BERNARD MICHAUD Wrote: [ -> ]I have the two calculators, version C and A, I send data back and forth between them without any problem. However if when I connect them SEND appears only on one of them, you cannot send from either one. ...

with my version A and C it works fine (back and forth, both units) and SEND appears on both calculators: plug in the Micro A end of the USB cable into Prime version C and the Micro B end into Prime version A. Then with both Primes off switch on only Prime C and both units will power up and SEND will show up on each unit.

(Prime A and C Software version 2016 04 14, 10077)
thank you! now it worked here with Notes!
I had to invert the cable, insert the A (is it the part with rectangular connector, isn't it?) in the C Prime and the B in the other (here the "trapezoidal connector" with two little holes...), then switch on only the C and so on...

Salvo
Reference URL's