HP Forums

Full Version: Prime Riddle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(12-29-2019 09:49 AM)ldesnogu Wrote: [ -> ]Hasn't this somehow happened with the G2 which seems to use a certificate to validate the uploaded firmware?

The HP Prime G2 has a chain of trust, but no root of trust enforced. This makes running third-party firmwares like U-Boot+Linux possible if you're willing to open up the calculator and short a test pad, but prevents modifications to the official firmware (up to a degree that no one bothered to crack for now, that is).
Most of the posts in this thread are from 2016.
In my opinion this thread could be closed, and the last answers moved to a new thread.
(12-29-2019 02:22 PM)Jean-Baptiste Boric Wrote: [ -> ]The HP Prime G2 has a chain of trust, but no root of trust enforced. This makes running third-party firmwares like U-Boot+Linux possible if you're willing to open up the calculator and short a test pad, but prevents modifications to the official firmware (up to a degree that no one bothered to crack for now, that is).
Yes I followed both Linux and Windows porting efforts, nice achievements indeed. But I was hoping a way would be found to flash a new firmware without having to open the G2. I took a look inside the FW and came to the same conclusion as Lionel Debroux on TI Planet about the RSA stuff. Perhaps someone will find some exploit Smile

Thomas, I agree. Perhaps some mod can move the messages to a new thread?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's